1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe you should ask Bobby Brown if that's allowed. ;)

topfive likes this.
  2. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Unless the asset wasn't actually an asset due to some major medical problem. I bet something very scary was revealed by the physical. Don't forget the Rockets had renegotiated and were all about bringing him back at the end. Doubtful BJA and DMo were on board with this solution because his value is even further diminished AND he can't go back to the Nets.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I I were BJ's client, I'd fire him right now.

topfive likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Someone asked me the other day who my current favorite basketball player is, and I couldn't answer because DMo was not a current player....

(I have a fascination with role players... my favorite players over the years included Horry before he built his legend status, Juaquin Hawkins, Moochie Norris, and the like...)

daywalker02 and BigShasta like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This reasoning has been put up a lot in this thread. But I don't see how it's a "solid" by Morey. You think every team in the NBA that may have some interest in DMo would not look closely at his health after all this hoopla? Regardless of whether the Rockets say DMo failed the physical or not, everyone will be suspicious about his back. Besides, the Rockets should know about DMo's condition the best. Why did they have to wait till now to find out something wrong with DMo's back? And that also does not explain where the League came from. This decision did not come out after the physical. It came out after the league started talking to the Rockets.

Anyway, after all these dramas, I will never trust the NBA "physical" again. It doesn't sound like something objective or scientific.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah for real! Pretty impressive

8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Donatas Gontiejunas

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's probably good point

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's why I think the truth about all this will come out, sooner rather than later. Any team needing someone of DMo's skills will want to know what this whole mess was all about. If it's truly his back and he failed the physical, that'll surface. If it's something else, that will likely float to the top as well.

Tha_Dude and Easy like this.
  11. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

DMO kind of remind me about Latrell Sprewell,
    Sprewell was offer a 3-year $21 million contract extension by the T-wolves
    But he declined the offer,then we never see him in the NBA again。

12. Burko

Burko Member

I like Motiejunas, but if it's a case of either his back being an issue, or his attitude potentially clashing with the awesome chemistry we have right now, I'm happy that the Rockets have made the tough call here to cut him loose.

Hope he can get back to playing soon.

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I hate to see it end this way. I personally thought DMo would give us an additional ingredient for MDA to cook up his court magic. Good luck DMo, we enjoyed watching your hustle, skill and grit on the court!

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of your work. You're one of dudes favorite posters on this board and you always bring it. Keep it up, man.

topfive likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It was not the physical.

DD

basketballholic likes this.
  16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The front office made him three different offers. They weren't compelled to make the third one. Not showing up for the physical was out of order and he should have been punished for that but instead they ripped it the contract he was obliged to sign and gave him a contract he was supposedly happy with. The Rockets tried. Eventually the best thing to do was just to be rid of the distraction. That player you're a fan of (through his agent) created this situation and ensured it dragged on all these months. Maybe some other team will sign him and maybe he'll be able to play well enough to get some minutes and you can root for him there.

I'm glad he's gone.

We have an amazing team. We don't need a diva.

Vivi, heypartner, JeffB and 4 others like this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think in that scenario, they would have rescinded the match, and he would have gone to the Nets. That he is barred from going to the Nets is very interesting.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Watch out y'all another bobby hot take being served!

19. AB423

AB423 Member

a blessing in disguise..

20. Nivos

Nivos Member

Page 20!
    Is it the end?
    Very very weird stuff.
    I don't think it's the physical, but I don't know how the Rockets of all teams will cave to a player like that and create an incentive to other RFA players to do the same in the future.
    Still can't help but wonder what would've happen if they would just match the Nets offer without the whole loop hole incentives thing.
    In any case if his back is gone I feel sorry for the guy, he really had potential to be a very good player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.