1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims entering the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by davidio840, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scary if his poll numbers go up from this.

He certainly goes along way to demonstrating that this is a clash of civilizations. ISIS has to be happy.

On the silver lining side of things - you have to figure that this maybe motivate moderate Muslims to take more control of the image of their religion. Or it could push them to sympathize with the idea the west really does hate Islam.

1 person likes this.
  2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Those poor 'moderate' muslims

[​IMG]

Islam is not compatible with America. If anything is going to radicalize 'moderate' muslims, it's them coming to America and seeing the things they condemn being celebrated and paraded

2 people like this.
  3. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

He should announce that military service is eligible to Christians only and the new core mission will focus on taking down the Muslims.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The historical parallels are now overwhelming. We have to shout this nonsense down.

"At first they said they were just after the communists, so I said nothing."

For anyone else who abhors fascism, I urge you to speak against Trump. This is beyond party lines; this is a dark, dark place, and America does not belong in that conversation.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

America is already there. Trump says these crazy things and his poll numbers go up - which is why he says them. Trump isn't fascist, he's the favored candidate of the bigots of this country - did you see the way they all cheered when he announced his idea of a ban? He has a lot of support and there are a lot of bigots in this country.

6. B-Bob

None of that changes what I said. If we don't speak up, and speak loudly, then the bigots keep going.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I don't understand how someone can be a rockets fan and have such a bias against Muslims. Our greatest player is a devout Muslim.

There are banners hanging from the rafters of the team for which this entire forum exists devoted to celebrating the legacy of an Islamic immigrant.

I despise radical Islamists (and religion in general really), but to say something like "Islam is not compatible with America" is actually itself a lot more incompatible with America than anything else.

2 people like this.
  8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I hope he is elected, so I get to see all the jokes here in the north.

Oh wait..Trump might invade Canada first..crap.

9. bongman

bongman Member

I don't get where you go from "I met quite a few" to a "large amount".

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think people way too easily ignore these figures. In fact, I do agree that Islam as an ideology in the form it is believed in by hundreds of millions of Muslims is not compatible with Western values and human rights universally agreed in the West.

That said, banning all Muslims from entering the country seems like a fascist idea, I can't believe I even have to say that. Criticizing Islam as an ideology is quite different from discriminating against its followers, who might not even agree with the unacceptable parts of the ideology of Islam.

Again: That doesn't mean one should not be a lot more vigilant about questioning political Islam - the ideology - as a source of evil in the world. But to discriminate against people just because they are Muslim would just strengthen the "us vs. them" mentality extremist Muslim ideologists thrive on.

2 people like this.
  11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Trump is indestructible

12. B-Bob

He's always been built for a horrible end. It's just up to us: how many Americans will he take down a fascist ****-hole with him?

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Exact same thing can be said about Christianity based on what's writtin in the Bible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ

(sorry, cant remember how to embed)

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Trump is basically an industrialist version of Huey Long, who was touting estate and wealth limits of $1 million during the Depression. The recent spate of domestic and Western attacks by Muslims has probably generated the same sense of helplessness and rage that the Iranian Embassy hijacking created against Carter's perceived weakness. Trump is too inexperienced and disengaged to win the Presidency or get a nomination, but his rhetoric is helping build a contrast against the incumbent party, and will allow the primary opponent savvy enough to split the difference between Obama and himself to run a competitive general election. Fairly or unfairly, presenting a black and then female candidate in successive order may create the impression of a preoccupation with diversity over security, values or tradition.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Where did u get this graphic? (It's only "based on" pew.) It surveys about 2400 people, which represents about .0001% of the Muslim population. Do you think it's a good sample size?

It does not include the U.S., China, India. . . .

What are those margins of error? There are no "points" on the graph.

Don't bring this weak stuff around. Who concocted this thing?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If you extrapolate the data from Pew it's about what you would get but generalizing it to all Muslims does skew it as the vast vast vast majority of Muslims with these views are coming from Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, etc.

The second fallacy is to connect the results of this survey with terrorism. That is what they are trying to do - is freak people out into thinking the majority of Muslims are terrorist supporters.

The real truth they ignore is that over half of the terrorists that are caught and plots that are disrupted are because the Muslim community reports them to the police. Muslims do the most to keep us safe from Islamic terrorists.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is the most depressing political era in my lifetime.

1 person likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

25-30% if that's the poll numbers are for sure alarming but there's always the voter's guilt. What we call it here, when people who pre-election say they will vote extremist parties but when the time comes to cast their vote and the responsibillity of their action hits them in the face they dont'. Here in my country it happens again and again every election in both extremes of the political spectrum.
    So I highly doubt that so many will vote for him in the end even if a few days before it all looks like they will. Saying you will and actually doing it are two very different things.