1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald trump is 2024 Republican favorite

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jan 7, 2021.

?

What will Republicans do?

1. Bend the knee

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Fight trump

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is ****ing madness and will end up hurting conservative principles. By going full white supremacist taliban all they’re doing is allowing the far left to push their policies . We need a good republican because even the corpse of Biden was enough for a guy that led to the most incompetent handlings of a pandemic in modern history

2. DonatelloLimestone

Popular vote constitutes much of the majort cities, wtith the EC he was still very, very close. I don't think biden would hang on again this time around. His support is fervent and he was right when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th and he wouldn't lose voters. HE also said he loves the poorly educated, and it works. 2016, I understood because Hilary was wildly unpopular, uncharismatic, and then made arrogant, out of touch campaign moves you can read in the book What happened which the campaign gave access to document her historic win...instead being a fascinating approach to a totally different outcome.

Likewise, biden was not a great candidate. He got flamed out for plagiarism and lying in his first run, did not come close to contending in his 2nd. Got the Obama "wash", but has been a backer of ideas that many people in this day and age don't agree with from heavy incarceration both in society cost and tax cost, the drug war...likewise the same, he continues not to afford the same compassionate he demands for his sons drug problems to drug offenders even so much as kicking out white house staff who said they've used cannabis, a test that the President he served under, Bill Clinton, Bush, and his own VP Kamala wouldn't pass. And of course, the war.

But in this case, many we're running against trump and it was still close in the EC and his voters are going to be more vigilant, more organized, and more energized. I'm not sure Biden brings that same support. Perhaps, like you said, the support will come from replaying the riots and people being against that, but I'm not sure that day many people would have him still be a literal king to the party where you have to kiss his hand even if he insults your wife and dad, even if he doesn't stand for a fiscal budget, or american first when it comes to saudi, or checks and balances or any of the constitution when it isn't convenient to him.

I'd argue that we had bad candidates from both sides for 2 straight elections. I could also see Kamala getting flipped in the president role and thenm going for the first woman deal, her track record as California AG was not promising, but it would probably do better for them than Biden.
    In any case it looks to be fascinating, disturibing agian...

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

...And you know this

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there are too many people in this country who won't vote for a woman President, and definitely not a woman of color, regardless of their qualifications. Sad, but this country is nowhere close to getting to that point yet. It's still a man's world, and there are far too many bigots out there still.

DVauthrin, ROCKSS, T_Man and 3 others like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Sad but true

DVauthrin, T_Man and deb4rockets like this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

Maybe, they said the same thing about african americans.

At this point, just give me competence, who cares if its a god damn talking squirrel...might do better than our current lot. The media and tv world overplay the the identity politics, sure people believe it, but you make sense, have a good thumb and energy on the worlds problems, peopel may listen

Diversity and representation is a great imperative to push, more inclusion as well, but thats different from this that explains it well

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/5...white-house-using-identity-politics-to-defend

policy matters.

As if Neera Tanden wasn't chosen bc of mean tweets... An adminstration that says they'll have a different relationship to the media than trump now has hired someone who has the distinct pleasure along with Corey Lebowski of physically assaulting a reporter, but in this case more blatant and with more force.

A vp whose admitted cannabis use, a vp who served under a president for cannabis use just kicked out every staffer or reassigned them from whitehosue for doing the same thing, let alone he demands compassion for his sons drug issues, but still doesn't feel comfortable or urgent to legalize or at least entirely decriminalize and stop the tax payers paying 30-80k per non violent offender, let alone the social cost of lost family members(imagine if you're closest family member was in jail for having a drink, this is akin to that), let alone the amount we spend on drug enfocrement, 100s of billions which could be allocated towards violent crime, and also we may end up cutting off gangs no 1 income and make more money by taxing and selling it more safely. but he heard it was a gateway drug, cmon man!

Invisible Fan and Roc Paint like this.
  7. Roc Paint

Welcome to clutch fans

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

After the last election there was a heavyset country bumpkin at one of the local bars crying into his phone watching old Donald Trump speeches.

I could never care about a politician... or any celebrity honestly, as much as bubba cared about Trump.

It’s so weird.

#48 CCorn, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL, I hear ya. As if any politician would cry over some average Joe losing his job, or getting terminally ill. That's why it's sad when people are so hard core in their defense of politicians that they turn their backs on friends and family over politics. I think this election has blinded far too many people of the fact that friends and family are far more important than any politician. It was a terrible and hateful divisive year like no other I've ever seen.

I have a friend of 35 years who I've been through a lot with, since we first met in the Navy. Now all of a sudden she left Facebook one day, talking about going to Parlor, and has basically ignored me reaching out to her this past month. All I can think of is it's all because I was rooting for Biden to win. The sad part is, in all those years of friendship we never once discussed politics. Not a single time. Even worse is the fact that we both served 20 years in the military and that guy called Trump was a draft dodging con man who doesn't know the first thing about integrity, honor, and respect for this country. It always was, and always will be my way or the highway for him, and if you aren't tooting his horn or putting money in his pocket, then he has no use for you.

#49 deb4rockets, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Kim likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree in general. However, depending on what happens the next couple of years, Kamala Harris might go into a presidential race with an incumbency advantage. Being the incumbent might be a bigger advantage than being a female minority is a disadvantage.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's not that I don't disagree, but people can get really nasty about her. Very nasty. The sad part is, anything questionable about her is minuscule compared to the history of Trump, his treatment of women, his affairs, his coverups, his insurrection, propaganda, lies, and Grifting.

Kim likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Could we please mute Hidalgo and turn the mic up on Kamala

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She would have too much of a progressive disadvantage for some reason they really hate her.

That flip flop of M4A is gonna be some baggage.

14. DonatelloLimestone

it would, I can see why they hate her. Her policies as state AG were typically self serving, she just seems like a status quo self serving old style politician on so many matters just happens to be a minority woman. Her policies aren't anything special, her deals with the police unions or wiping away corruption in the police force investigations when she had power to do so weren't so progressive in line with todays views. Also her enforcement of mar1juana, her laughted and hyprocisy of having tried it while allowing so many families ruined, so much tax payer waste just represents the i'll say whatever is popular and toe the line. basically I stand for nothing, will fall for anything.

If they want some impressive, competent firepower let alone also a minority if that they really need that, STacey Abrams.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If they'd rather vote for Tucker Carlson, I guess that's their choice.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Imagine being this pathetic. Why isn't Trump in jail?

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

e48mcLfU9zgFq.gif

DVauthrin likes this.
  19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

I know this will upset the herd but I would vote for Trump in a heart beat over that demented clown Joe Biden. I honestly am not even sure if he will be able to finish this term. You can't with a straight face say he is mentally all there.

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

20/20 called they want there Biden takes back.

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and JuanValdez like this.