1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump’s Strongest Supporters: A Certain Kind of Democrat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm glad people like you are going extinct. It does the world great. Bye bye... :grin:

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Your African genes are showing man! Be careful!

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You make me appreciate Bobbythegreat more, and that's not an insult to you Bobby. Just at least with him personally I've never thought of him as just plain stupid.

4. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

calling me stupid when i refute all the **** you spew is hilarious.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Some interesting information from the NYT article linked in the OP:

[​IMG]

So, registered Democrats are the highest percentage of Trump's support, followed by independents second and registered Republicans third.

6. fchowd0311

Why wouldn't registered Democrats want Trump to be the Republican nominee?

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

As you know very well, they want him to be the President of the United States.

8. fchowd0311

How do you know that's how the answered the poll? How do you know that they didn't perceive the question as "Who do you want as the Republican nominee?"

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Goddam, we are getting some world class stupid in this forum. The strange part is the glee they take in their spewage, like they're scoring stupid points or spearheading a great social movement to return to 1950.

I assume it's a sad play for attention but why would you keep posting garbage when 10 people, who consistently express some level of intelligence, tell you you are just loopy dumb? Yes Mojo has us all trusting Cruz, this idiot is telling us democrats are voting Trump when most of us can't even believe he is being serious and that genetics are the end all of intelligence.

Just yapping to yap like a tiny dog I guess.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump has NO chance at 15% of the black vote..........more like less than 5%.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a fine post but I believe you mean 1550.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Because some Democrats have the sense to know that they can't win every coin toss and both they and sensible Republicans don't want to risk the other option being a corrupt fraud with no energy or insight for multi-lateral conflict engagement or globally relevant fiscal and economic policy. Millions of people get killed and go homeless if the wrong ******* gets in, and like Donald, is too insecure or classist to admit mistakes to anyone worth less than ten figures.

13. fchowd0311

You're premise is wrong. Donald Trump isn't a coin toss in a general election. We have these ethnicities called Black people and Hispanic people. They vote.

14. prohibido

prohibido Member

Yes. This is it, exactly. Anyone with measurable activity in their central nervous system could have predicted the outcome described. But some people are far too dense to know what Self Identified Republicans Who Are Registered Democrats means.

In your bizarre world this means that Democrats love Trump. I guess they just pretend to love Sanders but are all closeted racists. The rest of us understand what is happening, dude. If you don't, just ask. It's OK. I'm trying to help you so you don't look like such a total fool. Quixotic, sure, but it's the season for uplifting resolutions and so on.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

A two party system is a coin toss; blacks and hispanics don't even make one side yet, and whites will subconsciously over breed just like they over-borrowed and overbuilt to maintain racial plurality, polarity and stratification. Blacks are cultural orphans who needed two wars and two amendments to get literacy rights and personhood, so they correctly vote with the more bureaucratic party in uniform numbers. But Hispanics built this hemisphere and half this country from the ground up, west of the Mississippi there are entire regions of Hispanic landowners and entrepreneurs who have same autonomy, status and self-interests as whites and will vote for tax cuts and wars regardless of immigration or college admissions policy.

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The notoriously liberal newspaper the New York Times is telling you, you mean.

17. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Conservatives: Trump has a lot of Dem supporters!
    Liberals: Well, the article does mention that his very best voters are self-identified Republicans who nonetheless are registered as Democrats.
    Conservatives: Trump has a lot of Dem supporters! He'll win!
    Liberals: Yeah, that would make sense, as Dems would WANT him to be the Republican nominee.
    Conservatives: Trump has a lot of Dem supporters! Read this newspaper! He'll be President!

Honestly, it's like trying to argue with a child who keeps saying, "I has a cookie!" over and over.

18. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Ok, you need to re-write that last sentence.
    You realize, of course, that 43 + 36 + 29 + 40 does not equal 100, or any number below 100? The graph is not breaking down the split of Trumps total supporters among these groups; the graph is telling us what percentage of each group supports trump. It tells us that 43 percent of "registered Democrats who identify as Republican leaners" support him. Of course this is quite a small group, even in Appalachia where numerous registered Democrats vote for the republican candidate in the general.

Registered Democrats are of course not the highest percentage of Trumps support, as you wrote. The graph merely tells us that among that group, 43 percent support trump. But the graph says nothing about the relative size of each group, a rather glaring omission, but doing so would weaken the punch of the click-bait title.

Which group is larger: self identified republicans who are registered as republicans, or self identified republicans registered as democrats? I'll give you a second to think it over.

Also, let's not leave out this little gem:
    So, shocking news for us all here in the D&D: Trump has locked up the racist vote! Who knew? Also, the racist vote includes registered democrats in Appalachia who vote republican! Quick, let's spin this into dem support for Trump!

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He looks much more handsome and vibrant than ever before. Seriously it is the truth.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

He's a looker.