1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t Trust the NBA!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, May 28, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

*rubs eyes*

Is it the mid-90's, jorts are popular and the NBA refs are now controlling the game?

Kim likes this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This team is in the god forsaken situation they are in due to their own incompetence. Stop trying to shift blame to someone else

BallaDoc and ThatBoyNick like this.
  3. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

It's all about money. Stop watching this trash years ago.

Entropy, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

eh, the nba did rob us of a title, the feelings would be a bit different if we had the 18 championship

5. vince

vince Member

Once they released the Kraken, it doesn't go quietly back into it's cage! There are consequences, and a terrible break in trust between the league and the fans. Most of my friends have quit the NBA, they refuse to even talk about the Rockets or anything NBA related. I'm glad I have the NBA community here at Clutchfans, but all my family members, most of my friends, etc are (at least so far) DONE with the NBA..... Sports used to bring us together, now it divides us within a fanbase. Truly a sad commentary on our current state.

6. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

the NBA hurt CP3 and then put that device on the rim that caused those missed 3s. they are without conscience.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

true but with that logic we should have gone into the following season as favorites right?

Except we didnt. Instead we broke up our "championship" level team the moment we could. We finished with the 4th seed after letting our starting forward walk for nothing and picking up bottom of the barrel vet min michael carter williams as our backup pg for 34 year old chris paul coming off a season ending hamstring injury

BallaDoc likes this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

I don't know if it holds weight. Why would they give the New Orleans Pelicans, no rabid fanbase, no international presence, no big market Zion one of their most marquee stars in a while?

Why would minnesota get another no 1 pick 2 times in recent history,
    Also do the suns have some connection to china that we don't know about?
    What about cleveland...we all know the chinese love to vacation in...cleveland?[​IMG]

I'm for a more transparent live lottery, the nba does it in the dumbest way possible. But the facts aren't clear on any team being favored altough the suspect is the chances that drose got home in his no 1 year, as did lebron, but ultimately the heavy majority of em don't support it.

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right? I’m tired of all this negativity. They worked really hard to suck this bad... so hopefully it pays off in the end. Not every #1 pick is best. See MJ.

BallaDoc likes this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

"
    Chris Paul wasn't directly asked about the officiating during his press conference following a Game 3 loss by the Phoenix Suns to the Los Angeles Lakers, but he alluded to it.

"If I was a betting man, 11 games in a row," Paul said. "Eleven games in a row."

The reference was to Paul's losing streak in the playoffs when Scott Foster is refereeing.

Both Paul and James Harden were teammates in Houston, they each had issues with Foster. "

clutchdabear, HTown_TMac and Imanimal like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tilman is a shill for China, he wrecked the Rockets to clear the west for LeBron and Curry.

How else do you explain CP3 + 4 picks for WB?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks OP, I really trusted the NBA and looked up to it as a model of integrity and transparency, but now I'm forced to rethink my life choices.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The uncalled fouls of Klay and Dray stepping under 3 point shooters (which impartial commentators were remarking on, and are called flagrant-1s by rule) were enough potential points to close it out in game 6 alone.

The officiating was still godforsaken in game 7 (we ain't even talking about holding and moving screens) but they 100% extended the series to 7. There can be no doubt if you go back and watch the first 2 quarters of game 6 (I pretty much can't bring myself to, esp with that GSW crowd).

In game 7 we choked and took it on ourselves to finish the job.

I've known since I was about 12 years old during the infamous Lakers-Kings series that the NBA 'subtly influences' outcomes.

#33 napalm06, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great question.....if we get a top three pick I will be thrilled and believe that the “worst days” of this league doing the shenanigans we have all had to deal with may be finally ending. Hate to have this contrarian view, but the fix was clearly in on the Golden State series and now I have trust issues with this league.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Why is Scott Foster still employed by this league???

clutchdabear, bj3175 and BallaDoc like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like how people spend so much energy to come up with arguments to not do something...

...when they could spend a fraction of that energy just not doing it.

OP, if you distrust the NBA so much, then don't watch games. Do something you think is more productive with your time.

17. Buck Turgidson

Why are there no videos of the Earth curving?

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

That and finals dont exist because James Harden team would cake walk against LeBron lmfao. Small city mentality around this sub, Rockets have more than enough opportunities to reach finals and give themselfs chance, refs are far from decisive factor they failed

19. DonatelloLimestone

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

A magician never reveals his secrets?