1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t forget, Rafael Stone put this team together.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Also, everyone comparing Green to Mobley at this point in their careers are completely ignoring the fact the supporting cast Green has in Houston is clearly the worst in the NBA...and it's by a mile.

Oh and he's playing with a PG who barely is able to drink legally and in his first full year in the NBA attempting to learn the position. Go look at the G league games last year and you will notice having a true PG in Jarrett Jack led to easy buckets for Green that he just isn't getting with this roster.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are a borderline playoff team with real NBA talent surrounding Mobley. Garland is a true PG, Sexton can score with the best of them especially for his age, and then there's this boards beloved Jarrett Allen all making Mobleys life easier. If you put Mobley on our roster he would struggle to score...

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, we all remember that you were that idiot.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What part do you disagree with?

That he's the worst player in the NBA? Well, it's either him or Jalen Suggs, but I kind of see them as #460A and #460B

That most hyper athletic unskilled players don't amount to much? If hyper athleticism was enough, KJ McDaniels would be killing the league.

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't you already get banned once for being a troll? STFU about this please.
    @Clutch

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

We are just going to agree to disagree then.

Green and Suggs are not unskilled. They are simply 1 dimensional right now.

Other hyper athletic 1 dimensional players you failed to mention:

Bam Adebayo
    Zach Lavine
    Russ Westbrook
    Dwight Howard
    Vince Carter
    Allen Iverson

6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't feed this troll.

Monkeychef02 and D-rock like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can find all kinds of examples of hyper athletic players, but for every 1 that ends up being something special, you have 30 who end up nothing. Also, AI wasn't unskilled, he had a LEGENDARY handle....Westbrook is not unskilled either, he's just a moron.

Right now Green has no handle, no real moves, his shot is streaky instead of good, he has no clue how to play defense....he's your typical unskilled hyper athletic guard. Now there's hope that he learns some skills one day, but the reason he's struggling now is that he's used to getting by on athleticism alone and at the NBA level, that doesn't cut it.

Nope, I got in trouble for crossing the line when smacking a troll way too hard in an offensive manner......and I'm not trolling now. Pointing out the FACT that Green is absolute trash right now and is one of, if not the most detrimental player to his team in the NBA is not trolling. I get that it might make fanbois sad....but that's not my fault.

If you want to stop hearing about the reality of how Green is performing, realize that some want to stop hearing the delusions that he's actually playing well despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Blaming Green's struggles on other players or other excuses is trolling IMO.

8. dmoneybangbang

Let’s just forgot that our franchise player left approximately one season ago…..

Let’s forgot that we made a bunch of panic moves from CP3 to WB to Wall.

Im more worried about ownership than about Stone, same when it was Morey.

9. anamah

anamah Member

YES SIR MAN
    NO IMAGINATION
    NO AUTHORITY

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

oh Jesus...I've surpassed the dipo era.

11. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

To be fair, Stone/Tillman also wanted to be a middling team post-Harden trade and thought Dipo > Allen. It's a good thing the WOW trio was a complete flop, imagine if Dipo signed that extension.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stone did not put this team together. The chips fell the way they did.

14. xaos

xaos Member

Truth

i3artow i3aller and Plowman like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Interesting that you would say that when he hand selected the three guys that we are talking about.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

And Kenyon Martin Jr. Just turned 21 a couple of months ago. It’s like people have forgotten about just how young HE is too. He’s every bit as important as those other guys!

17. Clutch City1993

No proof of this whatsoever

18. Clutch City1993

I do give credit for Josh Christopher though

19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

He literally traded up to get Sengun. There were no “chips that fell”. I’m sure he’s happy to get your credit for Jaygup though. He’s got that going for him, which is nice.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

then he literally held him back and denied him of a year of development, playing full games, and ROY honors.....

and for him to tank again this year is just a proof he has no confidence in his own ability to find or develop real players in teen or 20 something picks...

so he didnt actually got us the real sengun but a weak and watered down version of him

he already wasted garuba pick...so the tanking is really for naught... just denied us joy of competing, thrill of close games and happiness of victories...

he denied rookies the most valuable thing one can get them, playing time, and has gone penny pinching, and wasted PT trying to squeeze out a pick out of every single one shitty vet like danual house...and failed miserably at that, wasting the playing time and getting no picks back thus losing more picks that will he ever recuperate by the tank....

what an irony, he devalued his own players(vets and freshly drafted picks) in order to extract more picks that he dont know how to develop and wont give full playing time until its their way to get traded....SMH
    [​IMG]