1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t forget, Rafael Stone put this team together.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If that's what you think .... maybe you shouldn't think because there is absolutely No Way that he's sabotaging his own product that he owes billions on.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

And made the John wall decision

we are intentionally bad .

stone has an incomplete for me right now , but I will start grading very hard next year .

It’s not hard to be bad . I’ll give him credit , it is hard to be THIS bad .

we don’t know if he’s making any PT decisions either . Did Silas really want to start green over Gordon ? Is he being told not to care about wins ?

Jalen green better start looking a lot better through this season and definitely next . Our other 3 picks should be looking better next year . Otherwise it means we don’t have the right developmental staff in place .

not hard to be intentionally bad . I could have piloted the ship to create a 1-win roster .

he’s giving us a middle finger this year for better percentages . The rockets better be good soon or I want a different GM .

We would have been OK talent wise with a top 5-10 pick this year . We have assets coming in from BKN . But no , we must suck epicly bad to ensure the best odds .

What happens when we are the worst team by 10 games and we get the 5 pick ? This team needs some roster shake-up around the deadline . I’m sure stone will make a great move !

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Short term .... maybe the idea was to check the fit between the two.

Long term it makes trading one or the other possible.

Neither of them are negative contracts and in fact both are likely seen as value contracts ... Wood at $13.6m right now is a steal for a contender looking to add firepower & Theis in the later years of his contract after the new TV deal when it'll look like peanuts.
    At some point they'll flip both of these guys for a solid return.

I really liked Olynyk too .... and wished they had kept him but I do wonder if he's any better for Green's development than Theis is.
    I think its safe to say Olynyk would take some shots away from Green ... while Theis for the most part is setting screens and taking only those wide open 3's you must take.

Two real problems with this offense one is the high volume of turnovers , the other is Green hitting only 27.4% from three .... What's worse is that a majority of those are considered Open or Wide Open (the statistics were posted in a thread last week).
    His shot is FUGLY..

D-rock and tycoonchip like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How it's going, in one picture

could there have been a more ironic caption for this mural than "the tradition continues?"

upload_2021-11-23_11-40-29.png

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  5. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Let me check the standings.....oh my, it seems that Allen and Mobley are in the 10th spot and will likely be playing the same number of NBA Finals games this year as the Rockets. Folks want to go back to being a middling team for what reason? Maybe they shouldve kept JB as the head coach too. Maybe there is a reason why so many of our rotational players went undrafted. Rockets shouldve respected the draft even during the Harden Era.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean when you can pay jarrett allen 100 mil, how do you pass that up

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No regrets on Jarrett Allen because of the contract that was coming. Does not make sense for the Rockets.

It's too early to grade Stone. He will be judged primarily by the picks he makes and how he builds around them and that takes a lot more time.

But by 2023, the Rockets should know what they have and the free period will be over.

Easy and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying the next two years are gonna tell us a lot about these Houston Rockets ;)

HP3 likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

What would be disturbing is if the dad starts 'X' ing out his kids in the mural. :eek::D

[​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It doesn't help when your management decided to have only one PG on the team.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

from my opinion, I’d start judging as early as next year .

If we start off ridiculously bad again you have to fire him .

This guy will be broken by losses if we can’t up our pace a bit here

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Fire him...as in Stone?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

what

D-rock and Zen Tabak like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

oh **** . I was high . I was talking about Silas , but stone I wouldn’t fire until the end of next year at the earliest.

but I mean that’s in the case that green , our other 3 , and a top guy this draft all look like busts

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't forget Dipo.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas has no system.

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Absolutely worse.

Franchise worst season last year and approaching NBA worst ever this season.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would actually can Silas after this season. Firing him now, even as the team looks godawful, really don't change much because you'll still have his assistants around. Wiping everyone off the board when the season is over would be better for the team and its young players. Also I don't want Silas and his coaching staff to be anywhere near our rookie for next season, especially if it's Banchero or Holmgren. It's bad enough that he can't even develop just one of the 4 rookies; it'd be disastrous if we let him have another high lottery pick to work his anti-magic on.

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

C'mon man, you're not even trying to be serious now.