1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dominion files $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The end result needs to be FOX forced to change its name for News to Entertainment with a blurb running 24/7 at the bottom of the screen:

“All content on this channel is for entertainment purposes only. Any relation to actual news is coincidental.”

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Discovery ... will ... be ... a ... b****.

Amiga likes this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, Kim, Exiled and 1 other person like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Murdoch telling Fox News CEO to help GA race "any way we can".

Twitter file is less than a nothing burger compared to Fox News.

btw, Musk was recently seen with Murdoch at the Super Bowl. Just more example of his hypocrisy and extreme political bias.

[​IMG]

justtxyank and Exiled like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It worked for pro wrestling and their viewership increased.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Fox viewers don't want the truth ...

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I see a class action lawsuit against FOX coming soon

No Worries likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What sucks is that the people who need to hear this stuff never will

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sadly, most of them are so far gone that seeing, reading, or hearing it would not make a difference.

Take a look around at our usual suspects here...

Andre0087 and justtxyank like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To follow up on a post from the Jan 6 thread this is why I feel that real easing all of the footage from that day won’t change much. If even the people at Fox News knew all of this was false it’s doubtful that there is any sudden tribe of information they will change that the
    Election was stolen and Jan 6 wasn’t the last gasp attempt to overturn a legally and fairly conducted election.

adoo and ROCKSS like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Speaker of the House gave Jan 6 footage to a person and a network that knowingly lied to their viewers about the legitimacy of 2020 presidential election, contributing to the Jan 6 riot.

Exclusive: Kevin McCarthy gives Tucker Carlson access to massive trove of Jan. 6 riot tape (axios.com)

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has given Fox News' Tucker Carlson exclusive access to 41,000 hours of Capitol surveillance footage from the Jan. 6 riot, McCarthy sources tell me.

• Carlson TV producers were on Capitol Hill last week to begin digging through the trove, which includes multiple camera angles from all over Capitol grounds. Excerpts will begin airing in the coming weeks.
    Why it matters: Carlson has repeatedly questioned official accounts of 1/6, downplaying the insurrection as "vandalism."

• Now his shows — "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on Fox News, and "Tucker Carlson Today" and "Tucker Carlson Originals" on the streaming service Fox Nation — have a massive trove of raw material.
    Carlson told me: "[T]here was never any legitimate reason for this footage to remain secret."

• "If there was ever a question that's in the public's interest to know, it's what actually happened on January 6. By definition, this video will reveal it. It's impossible for me to understand why any honest person would be bothered by that."
    Reality check: The Jan. 6 committee played numerous excerpts of the footage at last year's captivating hearings. (See the committee's archive.)

Between the lines: The process with Carlson started in early February, according to a communication between the show and a McCarthy representative that I was shown.

Flashback: McCarthy told reporters in Statuary Hall last month that he thinks "the American public should actually see all [that] happened instead of a report that's written [on] a political basis." (Video, beginning 10:50)

• Pushing for the release of the footage, Carlson argued on his show last month that Washington has "a regime of secrecy and deceit."
    Carlson last year called the attack an "outbreak of mob violence, a forgettably minor outbreak by recent standards."

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This dropped last week. This thread should be 5 pages longer than it is. Nobody wants to talk about the smoking gun evidence that Fox knowingly and willfully deceived their viewership into believing there was something illegitimate about the 2020 election?

That's fine except that its reportedly exclusive. I don't know why it wouldnt be available to all media. I hope and assume other orgs are working to get access. Giving it to one outlet (1) gives them an opportunity to shape a narrative and (2) lets them monetize something that belongs to the people.

dmoneybangbang, Andre0087 and ElPigto like this.
  13. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

So the right wingers are freaking out about government agencies reaching out to Twitter and saying "This might be a violation of your ToS", but they are fine with the government releasing all the Jan 6th footage as an exclusive to a partisan entertainment network?

dobro1229 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's why I bolded exclusive :). You don't know why? ;). I'm going to take a wild guess - a high-level government official will be shaping a narrative through a known liar related to the very subject he lied about.

EDIT: add comments about other orgs --- I'm sure other orgs are working to get access. They may even sue the government for it. But it will likely be all too late. The success of propaganda lies in being able to build a narrative early and hope that it sticks. A good example would be what happened to the belief in the legitimacy of the 2020 election after it was known that FNC lied. I bet the needle on that wouldn't change much at all.

#74 Amiga, Feb 21, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    Rashmon and JuanValdez like this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I just don't think it'll hold. Other orgs can sue or do FOIA and say they should have it too and force wider distribution. McCarthy has some power, but he can't just treat government assets like his own fiefdom.

Rashmon likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

see my edit

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Right wing media lying and creating conspiracy theories is becoming like school shootings.

We are sadly becoming desensitized and the lines are drawn so tightly that no matter how egregious or slanderous the right wing media lie or how big the body count it’s all become just noise because nothing is going to change.

I’m not familiar enough with the FCC but in a normal world you would think the government should suspend FOX, hold an investigation and then fine and imprison those responsible.

A news channel promoting conspiracy theories and stories it knows are lies to generate ratings should not be allowed to call itself a news channel.

Period.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hitler didn't turn Germans into anti-semites. Yellow star badges weren't a Nazi invention. Jews had to wear those badges and judenhuts in the middle ages.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I like that many conservatives (and famous people/politicians in general) want SCOTUS to overturn the standards set in NYT vs. Sullivan, but here's Fox invoking that bar:
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/16/media/fox-news-stars-executives-court-documents/index.html

I love it when teams switch sides on issues because of self-interest. It's a very high bar, but it's not supposed to be a bar that can't be overcome.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Even if Dominion is a public figure - I don't get how the Fox News texts don't show "reckless disregard" - they knew the allegations were false, and that the speakers were liars, and yet they kept having them back and letting them spew their lies not to debunk them but so they could propagate them.

Seems to me like they're dead. They should settle this case for a lot of money, fast.