1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doing a Warriors-Blazers back-to-back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some great shots! Met DM (we had better seats than he did). Got some insider info:

Topfive's GF talked to DM and found out why Josh is playing in limited stretches: he's injured. His back can only give so much. He was on the bike during dead times in the game. Apparently Morey loves the guy, and we (topfive's gf, me and my gf) begged Smoove never to leave us again. Smoove's response was something in the realm of "if it's up to me I won't".

Morey was super candid, and overall just a great guy to talk to. I'm glad I went up to him.

Harden and Bev were in a mood. Bev signed some autographs and then got into some static with a fan. A blazer fan came over and hassled him, but still. On one dead ball after a Rockets run in the first I screamed go Rockets as loudly as I could and Harden gave me a death stare. I don't get that guy. Maybe fans don't cheer for them on the regular, so he didn't know what was going on.

I don't think I can say enough nice things about Dwight. The guy just hits me as a class act. He's constantly talking to Clint, giving him pointers, teasing him on Clint's misses and encouraging him on the makes. That guy gets it.

JB is so dejected during timeouts. Jesus, he spends the first 30 second of the timeout just walking around, and then speaks to the team for 10 seconds, then breaks the huddle. He looked so defeated, even early on in the game when we were up. He seems in over his head.

Harden also likes to call his own mini-timeouts immediately after JB breaks the huddle. He will draw the team to the side and talk to them, I don't get it. Why not say that stuff in front of JB?

All of this was input from one game, I don't think I'm cyber, and it could have been an off night for everyone. Take it for what it's worth.

5 people like this.
  2. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

Since topfive is on a self-imposed exile, I'm in charge of posting our road trip pics (although didn't I see you post on another topic earlier today, dear?).

Thoughts on the Oracle- AWFUL. $40 for parking at the far end of the lot, snotty fans, and people would stand in front of us for selfies DURING A PLAY. About as bad as Laker fans. Nah, actually worse than Laker fans. Didn't get there in time for shoot around but I doubt we could've gotten close enough to support our guys anyway. View from our seats:

[​IMG]

In Portland during the shoot around the Clutchfans contingent stood at the side of the tunnel and cheered loudly when our guys ran out onto the court. As Capela ran out we all shouted "CLINT" at the tops of our lungs and I honestly think we startled the sh#t outta him! Bill Worrell was astonished and thrilled to see us and stopped by to give fist-bumps and greetings. Dwight was as always extremely sweet and funny, doing the dab as he hit a three, then stopping to say hi to everyone and sign autographs. I don't know if we'll see him again and that breaks my heart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Josh Smith has been my fave since last year, and when he came back I couldn't have been happier. He is a CLASS ACT, incredibly gracious and polite to fans during shoot around. Hoping he sticks around- he brings back some chemistry that our team desperately needs. I thanked him for coming back and he said he won't leave again- "Not if I can help it."

[​IMG]

We made onto ESPN quite a few times! That's Pizza on the left and we're on the right next to the shot clock.

[​IMG]

During halftime we talked to Morey. Wow, this guy is so down-to-earth. He shook topfive's hand and said "Too bad we're playing like sh#t." Here's Pizza harassing Morey before we walked up to harass him some more.

[​IMG]

After the end of the game, I cheered our guys as they walked back to the locker room. Ariza was PISSED, muttering to JB and shaking his head. I could read his lips- he was dropping a few F-bombs.

It's no fun following your team on a road trip when they're just disheartening to watch, but I will support our team no matter what. Cuz that's what you do as a fan. And we'll be back in Portland again on the 25th. Must give props to the Moda Center- the staff there are so nice to us (they must recognize us crazy Rockets fans by now) and allow us to hang out behind the bench during shootarounds. They even plugged in my dead phone during halftime behind the bench for me. And Blazer fans are not even remotely rude, just lots of cheerful banter and healthy debates. Although right now Portland REALLY hates Bev.

5 people like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOVE the photos. thanks guys for posting those!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Great posts Pizza and topfive'sgf. Repped.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exile, schmexile. :grin:

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great photos and thanks for the report!

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Your girlfriends name is pizza? Right on

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um... no.

Reading comprehension changes everything!

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Foshodalean!

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Dwight never was taught how to hold a pen properly.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Awesome pics and report! I would say keep going to more games but you're 0-2.:(

12. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

He might just have to hold it differently due to being almost 7 feet tall.
    #TallPeopleProbs

13. rockpileindisma

Bearclaw from new girl!?