1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Oh!bama: President befuddled by technology

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 10, 2012.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

this weekend, we learner Obama has no idea how to work an iPhone:

Tech challenge: Obama has trouble with iPhone

On the campaign trail, President Obama is constantly talking about the importance of technology, but he met his match in an iPhone Sunday.

The president had stopped at a campaign office in Port St. Lucie, Fla., to thank volunteers. Then, for the cameras, Mr. Obama was supposed to call two campaign workers who were out working on his behalf.

But when White House trip director Marvin Nicholson handed the president his personal iPhone, Mr. Obama couldn't get it to work. A reporter who witnessed the scene said the president looked "befuddled."

"It's not clear he knows how to dial on an iPhone," the reporter wrote in a pool report.

Finally, Mr. Obama said, "Oh, I got to dial it in. Hold on, hold on. I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry."

The president then "had a little more trouble dialing," the pool report said.

The president then has more trouble dialing. When the call didn't go through, he blamed Mr. Nicholson for having an insufficient cell phone plan.

A volunteer called out, "I'll give you my phone, call my wife."

"I'll call her and tell her that you're messing around here in the office, giving the president …." Mr. Obama said, his voice trailing off.

Someone handed him another iPhone. He successfully dialed the volunteer this time, but the man didn't answer. Mr. Obama left a message. He eventually reached both volunteers, although one of them apparently didn't believe it was the president calling.

"I just want to point out, this volunteering is not as easy as it looks," Mr. Obama said.

Read more: Tech challenge: Obama has trouble with iPhone - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...lenge-obama-has-trouble-iphone/#ixzz265fgBpVf
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

which begs the question: does he really receive his daily briefings on an iPad?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...oes-high-tech/2012/04/12/gIQAVaLEDT_blog.html

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

bet you $5 romney has a flip phone and doesnt know how to text

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

5. esteban

esteban Member

And you libtards said this is the smartest president that we've ever elected.

B Kardashian is a total fraud and you people know it.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I know it is probably a waste of my time, and the rationale will be much funnier in your head than in the real world, but can you explain why you referr to the President of the USA as B Kardashian?

7. rudan

rudan Member

8. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I imagine the president has little need for a cell phone.

Highly likely a secretary of some sort handles all incoming, external calls.

9. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

No, he 's a devoted crackberry user.

10. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

This is excellent news for John McCain

11. mc mark

mc mark Member

Bet he knows how to spell learned.

2 people like this.
  12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

[​IMG]

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

FIFY :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

About accuratey sums up the posting careers of many Republicans on this board.

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

He will now use this as an excuse to create a country-wide cell service plan called
    "O-Phones". It will be affordable to everyone and a new way to track people.

16. esteban

esteban Member

He is our celebrity president and that is why he is also known as B Kardashian.

Glad that I can help a fellow poster.

1 person likes this.
  17. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

It's not like a supermarket scanner that everyone is exposed to except the Bushes. Like Obama, I have a Blackberry and have never had an iPhone or Android or whatever, mainly because work only supports email through the Blackberry. The first time I picked up an iPhone I didn't know how to use it. It is not intuitive on first use.

Now that I have an iPad, I would do better, but the call stuff is still different.

Grasping at straws indeed.

18. esteban

esteban Member

Bet he does not know how to say corpsman.

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

20. mc mark

mc mark Member

You leave basso alone! He worked on that all weekend!