1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dogs and Pizza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yep, talk to me.

NY slice walking down the street is always fine, it's good pizza.

NY Pie, sit down, eat, Fire Up The Oven, is fantastic.

NY Dog is good. Chicago dog is good. Mine are better, both of mine are...yep...whatever.

Chicago Pie is really good pizza. Damn sure sitting down to eat it.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Either I’m not smart enough to get it or you’re drunk…
    Or maybe I’m drunk.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You looking for a Chinese pizza

VanityHalfBlack, Pole, Nook and 4 others like this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Speaking of pizza, I was just gifted an Ooni with accessories. I be making pizza pies very soon. Now, have to figure out how to make the perfect pizza dough that is airy and bubbly. I’ve made a lot of pizza dough but I’ve done it on the dough cycle in a bread machine and it tends to come out dense and non-bubbly. I think this is because I used regular flour and yeast for one. Need to get the flour and yeast beat for pizza. Ooni I think has their own pizza dough balls they sell as well. My Ooni is the 12” gas one.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You got gifted an Ooni? Man, I need friends like that. lol.

7. Surfguy

It was my brother for my b-day. We’ve gone through some horrible times with the loss of my parents and my dog lately. That said...it was shocking cause I know these things aren’t cheap. He’s extremely generous.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know what's going on here but I'm going to use this thread to mention that my 6 y/o's basketball team won the championship recently. She's a menace on defense, bros. In the last 2 games of the playoffs, the kid she was matched up against (each team's leading scorer from the last time we played them) was held to ZERO points and was spotted crying after the game.

Dogs and pizza are good.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

underrated post.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like my dogs FANCY now (see Moontower Inn) and my pies anything BUT Detroit & Mexican (and Chinese).

And I prefer to never eat ANYTHING "walking down a street" - clean Japan style eating for me. ****ing Americans cant even WALK without shoving something in their mouths.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, a regular Patricia Beverly you got there.

On topic, this thread reminds me I need to go back to Zante's Indian Pizza in San Francisco. Sooo good.

Nook likes this.
  13. Surfguy

I only fed my dog some of the crust maybe with a little tomato sauce and cheese but never the the rest of the pizza with the good stuff. It would upset her tummy and she would be vomiting it out later if I gave her a whole piece. Has anyone actually given their dog a slice of pizza with good results? I know you'll talking about hawt dawgs. I never had a Chicago or NY dawg. Can you mail order? Sure you can: Gray's Papaya Delivered Nationwide - Goldbelly

#13 Surfguy, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Portillo's is opening up in Grandscape/The Colony sometime later this year, if you want to give that a try. It's from Chicago. People around here from Chicago are acting like it's their holy land or something. *shrug*

Surfguy likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tomatoes are bad for dogs.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Pizza NY style for me.

Don't dig on the dogs. Lips and assholes. no thanks

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, depending on the dog's size it can be dangerous or even toxic - onions/garlic are very bad for dogs as well as some other ingredients, I will give my dog like a taste of some pizza but it really depends on the dog's size. Like even pepperoni can be bad... A whole slice though would be too much. The garlic butter they use on crust can be bad too, I'm not saying outright "no" like some strict dog owner but it's one I'd watch closely if giving my dog some.

Note this is coming from someone who will sometimes even give my dog a very small piece of chocolate. Yes, it's not good but a very small small piece, especially the newer processed candy is very light in actual chocolate. My dogs typically live to their late teen/early 20s so I know I'm doing something right.

Don't get me wrong, I do feed my dog scraps and even small toppings of pizza/a little crust here/there etc but just nothing excessive.

People often don't realize certain vegetables/fruits are extremely dangerous.

My dogs are spoiled though, I mean dogs don't live long enough and are super loyal to you if you're a good owner, so a taste here/there isn't going to suddenly wreck your dog, it's excessively doing it or if the dog has pancreas problems or others health issues where you'd have to be more/less strict on diet in my experience.

#18 CCity Zero, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Squirtle likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Yea...my lab died two months ago. I was pretty good at giving her a taste of human food without overdoing it and definitely checking if what I was giving her was safe. Hence, I would give her a taste of the crust from my own pizza dough. I’m sure some dog out there has had a pizza slice even if just snagging it off a table.

Big dogs don’t normally live into their late teens. What breed of dogs are you referring to?

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The theobromine that's toxic in chocolate is actually only about 3× as toxic in dogs as it is in humans. Its significant, but not nearly as significant as the dire warnings warnings suggest. The real problem is that dogs will eat a dozen chocolate bars in a row and keep looking for more.

But if you eat enough chocolate, it will kill you, too.

Nook and CCity Zero like this.