1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dog Killed While Saving Owner From Train

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Sep 11, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I know there are some out there (texxx) that don't understand why people care about their dogs so much but here is a reason why.

Btw, **** that guy, if anything I hope he realizes the value and what was given to save his life.

A heartbreaking story out of Kazakhstan: According to reports, a dog was killed while trying to save its owner from an oncoming train.

The suicidal owner had passed out on the train tracks after drinking a bottle of alcohol. According to Russian news site Ria Novosti, the man told authorities that his dog dragged him to safety. The dog wasn't able to avoid being hit.

"Upon seeing the train, the dog started pulling its owner away," said Aida Muldashevam, who investigated the incident. "When train drivers saw the dog on the rail tracks, they used the emergency brake."

Unfortunately, it was too late. The dog was killed instantly, while the owner was taken to the hospital. He had two broken ribs and an injury to his shoulder.

Dogs have a well-deserved reputation for loyalty. At a funeral for a Navy SEAL who died in Afghanistan in 2011, dog Hawkeye lay by the casket during the memorial service. And in a small village in China last year, a dog remained at its owner's grave for weeks. When villagers took the dog back to town, the dog returned to the grave. Villagers eventually decided to build the dog a kennel near its departed friend.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/dog-killed-while-saving-owner-train-190740869.html

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Maybe its too late in the evening and I have a hard time visualizing...but if you're dragging someone off the tracks, wouldnt you be off to the side of the tracks yourself?

Only way this makes sense is if you are pushing someone of the tracks and the train hits you.

Dogs dont push, they pull.

Sketchy story, really.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It could be he pulled him off the tracks and got hit by a train on the other tracks.

4. sw847

sw847 Member

Come on man, true for false, this is a heart warming story.

In a time where society has deterioated to a point where there are little compassion shown between humans, its good to read about the loyalty of a pet.

I miss my dog:(

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

dogs do push, and he might have been clearing him away when he got hit.