1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dog Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Help me help this dog out Clutchfans. I know someone who has a mixed russian terrier and he has been unable to take care of it not because he doesn't care but that he has a lot on his plate (financial). This dog has an untreated infected eye. It's literally popped out and was bleeding but it's dried though. It's too late to save the eye, and this dude has no idea what to do with it because he has no money to go to the vet. He wants to take it back to the shelter, but he fears they will charge him or assume he did something malicious to the dog. Obviously I don't want that to happen because I care about this dude. He was just not meant to be a dog owner. The dog is nine months old by the way.

The dog's eye is bad man, it makes me tear up inside. I need your help, Clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Look for rescue groups. In particular, one for this breed.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

Are you asking for money/donations to pay the vet bill or are you asking us to take the dog? I've never heard of a dog's eye popping out from an infection. What's the real story?

Does the guy have anything he can sell? Does he have an xbox, ps3 or laptop? He should sell some of his belongings and use that money to pay the vet bill. The vet shouldn't cost any more than a few hundred to treat that eye infection. Take the poor dog back to the vet, it clearly needs help. Tell the vet to give him a bill and he'll pay it when he gets the money. The guy shouldn't own a dog if he has no money to take care of it.

If you can prove that this guy doesn't have ANY money or any personal belongings to sell then take damn dog to the vet and message me through the board and I'll pay the bill.

1 person likes this.
  4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You serious? How could he not take it to a shelter to get some help? That's awful.

So, by "take him back to the shelter" means he adopted it from the shelter....but has no means of taking care of it, and sat by as it suffered a debilitating injury. Just sad.

He needs to take that poor animal back to that shelter.

5. jae713

jae713 Member

Sounds awful. Your best bet is just to take the dog to a vet and have them bill your friend later.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

That's what I'm saying. Take the dog and get the help it needs and then figure out how to pay the bill later. I'm even offering to pay the bill. I'll pay the vet directly but I won't send any money directly to Outlier or this Dip**** who has the dog. This guy sounds like a real piece of ****. Outlier, is this "friend" really you?

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is exactly it. He got it from the shelter. And no, not asking for money, that's just too much to ask. Just tips and suggestions or clarification on what to do.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

SacTown is offering money.
    Not his first offer mind you... But c'mon.
    Get the dog help ASAP.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hell no it's not me. I just got here a month ago. And **** that if it was my dog, I'd do something about it.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My chihuhua had popped an eye and it was gruesome hanging. Vets say he squeezed out of tight hole, maybe a fence. I suspect he went inside the big dog kennel and got tore up but vet said impossible cuz it was cleanly out of socket.

11. Anxiety Trooper

Poor dog. Dude just let it lose an eye. That's not cool. Get it to the vet please! Don't post again tell you do the right thing.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's already lost it man. The eye looks very bad. And it's not mine so I can keep posting. I need to pursuade this guy to do something about it because he has no idea.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We're telling you to go get the dog and act yourself.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

I don't think I have the right to do that man, I'm just trying to help.

15. jae713

jae713 Member

Seriuously, man up dude and end this dog's suffering.

16. Anxiety Trooper

Call animal abuse. Your friend is abusing the animal by doing nothing. Your friend is a douche.

17. Anxiety Trooper

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm I can't do that. Believe it or not, he's a pretty good guy. This dude was just not to be a dog owner. He has no idea.

19. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Then go **** yourself for not doing the right thing.

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ease up man. I didn't post this thread because I'm doing nothing. I want to do something. Sheesh.