1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dog days of the NBA thread] NBA Player who u like who are/were suppose to hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I can never see myself liking Draymond

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Defensive player of the year, averages 7 assists, can shoot 3s, hits people in the nuts

xiki likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah he's a great player no doubt
    Just can't stand him

xiki likes this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Current NBA - Westbrook. I just can't hate that guy.

Growing up - Jeff Hornacek. Should hate him cause the God Damn Jerry Sloan Jazz, but he always seemed like a good guy and I have a soft spot for the face rub he would do at the FT line as a sly hello to his kids.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

James Harden

I don't know; I just really like him. Never understood all the hate. I also always loved Pat Beverley more than Rubio and Jeremy Lin, but we were always told to hate him, too.

xiki likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Those are two of the easiest to hate! Westbrook is one of my least favorite players in the NBA! He's an incredible talent for certain, but that stupid smirk on his face pisses me off. I also think he's really selfish and should trust his team mates more.

Mine are as follows:

1. Rudy Gobert. Maybe it's the fact that Utah has been irrelevant for so long and Jerry Sloan is gone, but I can't seem to bother hating the Jazz much anymore. And, in particular, I love Gobert. I wonder if he can run well enough to play on the Rockets but that would be my only reservation about adding him to this team. I would LOVE a defensive monster like him to play with this squad.

2. The Spurs as a whole (except for Manu. Eff that bat murdering flopper). I used to be mad. I just can't be anymore. I'm just too damned impressed with their organization. Their historic winning percentage over the past 20 years is just insane. It would be insane if it were the Lakers. But it's not. It's one of the smallest market teams in the NBA. There isn't an organization in the league better at doing more with less. They hardly ever make bad decisions. The worst scandal I can think of that took place in that organization in the last couple decades was that thing with Tony Parker and Brent Barry. Nobody stomping homeless. If anybody has been arrested for drunk driving I don't remember it. None of them say anything disrespectful about other teams. Nothing. They just suit up and kick ass and I respect it so much I can't even be too mad at it anymore. Plus, I love when Pop trashes Trump because Pop really does win so much that we're all sick of it.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

missed the poll but do clutchfans, as a whole or even in majority, despise Harden? definitely the whole thing is bogus but was there a poll that established even majority hate?

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

btw, i luv JH! i think he's gonna do some special things in Htown.

9. Lightsnowaction

For me, as soon as this player starts become super cocky and gets under our skin, it will be Patrick Beverley. He may be a nightmare in terms of being a never ending pest.

10. malakas

malakas Member

There are very few teams that I'm biased against their players and that has nothing to do with the two teams I support but has to do with the legions of their idiotic extremely arrogant , uneducated and delusional fans as well as the media.
    That's the Lakers, the Celtics and the Bulls.
    These three teams take the cake when it comes to obnoxious fanbases.

The Spurs are the sole exception of me liking their team in spite of their r****ded fans.
    I have nothing against the Warriors yet, because even though now they have a plethora of bandwagoners they used to have a very nice fanbase. But they are surely getting up there.
    The Jazz, Mavs, Knicks, Heat, Cavs I just like some players individually and some not as with every other team.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I guess I'm too old to get caught up in social media/fan base emotions. I like individual players throughout the Association, fav #1 is ex-Rock PB2. Teams I disdain the most start w/Knixies, Mavs, any team affiliated w/J-Kidd, and the Mavs, again.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Durant..reason I back him up most of the time. I don't back him when he talks trash cause he sounds stupid.

7'0 that plays like a guard. Love it!

Btw: hate the Mavs & Lakers...

And I like all Kentucky guys cause that's where I went

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Uhh...I really like Dennis Smith Jr, the future face of the Mavericks. I'm pretty sure most of CF will hate him someday (assuming he helps make them relevant enough to hate). I wish he went elsewhere, but I think he'll do well there.

- CF generally hates the Warriors, and I feel that same dislike about all of their big-4. I don't hate Iggy, if he counts.
    - The Spurs were always kind of hard for me to hate, no matter how good they were.
    - Used to really dislike the Kobe/Lakers during their heyday.
    - I've always liked LeBron, but then again, a lot of Rockets fans seem to (at least relative to the general public), so he probably doesn't count.
    - Never really liked Westbrook, but I don't hate him either.

14. CertifiedTroll

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's a good pick. Agreed with what you said. I like him and think he'll be good.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Stockton is one of if not the best PG to play the game. If he played with Dream instead of Malone, think about how many rings we would have won?

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

John Stockton? That is too far even for the internet. LB? Do you mean LeBron? I don't think anyone is suppose to hate LeBron, we are trying to get him on our team next year. I think you posted this for shock value.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I like Stockton. Yes LBJ = LeBron James. Maybe I misunderstood this thread. I thought it was players that basketball fans disliked not just Rockets fans.

Jontro likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Curry and Klay Thompson

I always respect a family man and curry seems pretty goofy with all the Disney songs he be singing

Klay is someone who I want to smoke a blunt with. Dude seems real chill and the only player I've seen drinking a beer while being interviewed.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pat Bev is dead to me. I'm serious