1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dog days of the NBA thread] NBA Player who u like who are/were suppose to hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Title says it all brehs, who do you actually really like that clutchfans or rockets fans as a whole despise or hate and why?

for me its Lillard.

i don't get the hate really about him, i understand .7 seconds but thats just being too good compared to doing something to rub the community the wrong way like trashing houston.

reasons i like him
    - stayed in college and for a smaller school
    - one of the most honest follows on twitter
    - plays an attractive brand of ball
    - rapping is actually good for an athlete
    - seems like one of the more normal people in the NBA

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Flops or no, Manu Ginobili has always been my favorite non-Rocket in the league.

3. Fantasma Negro

Kevin Durant. I use to hate him because he's such a killer but before his last season on okc he did an hbo documentary on his summer and I saw how hard dude works and how much of a regular guy he is and when he broke his foot I found myself strangely concerned. Checked all the status updates on social media and saw how sarcastic he is and then I found out he loves weed and I fell head over heels in love with him lol. Still love the guy and am one of the few that was happy to see him get his ring even though it was with b**** boy

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't *hate* any NBA player. I mean, **** the Mavs, and obviously **** the Warriors. But I don't think I hate any of them. Sure as hell don't like them though.

I always liked PJ Tucker, even when it looked like him and Harden were about to have a fight. Loved him at UT and thought he'd be a good NBA player. Took much longer than I thought it would so I can't say I called it but he's there now.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm ok with Lillard. I mean anyone that can make a commercial like this can't be too bad

fba34 likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dwight Howard

Problems with him as a player on the floor, but i've never hated him, or even disliked him.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

John Stockton, Steph Curry, and LBJ (who I did "hate" for a while after the Decision)

fba34 likes this.
  8. Tadow

Tadow Member

9. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Right now? I'd say it's Rudy Gobert, because we can never like the j*zz, and I got respect for him for sticking up for his team when Haywood bolted.

Recent times? Dirk by a longshot. He's a bonified bad mama jama that had the unfortunate life of being a Mav.

All time? Jeff Hornecek. Cuz F**k the Jazz. And F**k all that is NYC.

Williamson likes this.
  10. jogo

jogo Member

I haven't always liked him, but I respect Westbrook and how great of a season he had last year. He's lost two top 10 players and was able to carry his team to the playoffs without much talent. OKC had some talent but not much to help him with scoring. Harden deserved the MVP over him last year but it wasn't a runaway case (to me). And he played well against us in the playoffs until the 4th when he ran out of gas.

11. kevcai

kevcai Member

100% agreed -- I tried hating him after that shot but honestly he just seems like a pretty awesome guy on and off the court. In addition to what you said...he donates playoff bonus to team staff and gave the game ball (when he scored 59) to Joe Johnson for reaching 20,000 career points.

Great balance between badass/clutch on the court and respectful/thoughtful off the court.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...e-bonus-playoff-money-to-trail-blazers-staff/

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...d-joe-johnson-game-ball-20000-point-milestone

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

James Harden

Jontro likes this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Jontro, dkim1984 and 3 others like this.
  14. Know Your Role

Hated Kobe when he came in the league. Hated him more when his Lakers beat up on the 99 Super Rockets. Even cheered for Spurs to beat him those Championship years. Loved seeing Stevie and Yao give them fits even though we weren't close to their level.

Years later, I was at a home game Lakers/Rockets in 2009. I think it was the first home game against them that year. The crowd was rowdy, everyone was talking noise to him. Ron Artest was trying his hardest to try and stop him. The man shook it all off and dominated. Nothing was keeping him from the win. At that point I realized I witnessed one of the greatest players ever and I really enjoyed watching the end of his career from that point on. Went to another game in 2013 against the Lakers w/ Dwight. The one where Greg Smith actually played DH12 kinda well. The Lakers were awful at that point but Kobe just kept doing his thing, couldn't be stopped. His last game here where he and Harden had a shootout was also amazing. An all time great, was sad to see him leave the league.

I never got to see MJ play the Rockets live, Rockets/Bulls tickets were like platinum bars in the Jordan Championship era's and we only played them once a year at the Summit. But aside from Hakeem, Kobe was the best player I've ever seen play in person. KD, Lebron, Duncan, Curry, and the like don't hold a candle to Bryant imo. It's one of those things I can't put my finger on and say why. Kobe was better than anyone I've seen since.

Jayzers_100 and kevcai like this.
  15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Derick Fisher and Scottie Pippen

pff yeah right, I hate those dudes

weakfromtoday likes this.
  16. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Kawhi Leonard's game is really just brilliant

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you trying to become a troll sensation on here? What happened to you?

Anyhoo.. I'm going with LeBron. I know I should hate him, but I love to watch him play. Dude just carries himself with so much confidence. It's like he wills some of these wins. I know he willed that game 7 Championship against 'Durant's-Golden-Safe-Place' Warriors.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Not at all bro. Just staying active.

I put james harden because hes my favorite player and sometimes the consensus among clutchfans and rockets fans is to hate him.

It was a pretty unpopular opinion to like harden on this bbs 2 months ago.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ah, gotcha... that's kind of funny if you think about it that way. I'm sorry you had to explain it, I missed out on a laugh..

Jontro and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry, Klay, Draymond

alethios likes this.