1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dog adoption?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigMaloe, Jan 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

so to make a long story short i recently went thru a break up. She left her dog here and has made it known that she doesnt want or cant take the dog with her. I was wondering if there are any non kill shelters or adoption agencies in the tomball/magnolia/conroe/woodlands area that anybody may know about.

He isnt really a bad dog, other than the fact he likes to eat trash and bring the neighbors trash home. I have since fenced him in and now he barks alot. other than that he is really outgoing and interactive. Prances when he runs. He is a mutt type of dog, cant tel you the breed for sure, guy said lab but he doesnt seem like a lab to me.

Any and all information would be appreciated. i will try and upload some photos after tonights rox game.

TIA. all info and help will recieve rep.

#1 BigMaloe, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This doesn't qualify as help, but don't put it in a shelter :(

There are plenty of people on here that take of dogs before they can find homes.

Dogs are amazing creatures, you sure he hasn't grown on you?

1 person likes this.
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

FYI - If you take it to a shelter, there is a great chance that it'll be put to sleep... especially if it isn't a full breed which are more desirable. Your best bet would be to try and find a home for it yourself via Craigslist, Facebook, PetFinder, etc.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

well that is exactly why i am posting here. i definately dont want to put him in a shelter. I never liked the dog, but accepted him because of my ex. I wish he would grow on me, but the truth is he hasnt. and i cant afford him anymore, and need the fenced area for my big dog, who is currently tearing the inside of my house apart lol.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Can you post photos so we can try to identify the breed? A good option might be specific breed fostering or rescue shelter. My mother volunteers at a poodle rescue, but they occasionally try and foster other breeds.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Put the work in and get him a home. If you already have a big dog I doubt this dog is breaking you financially.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

your ex-girlfriend is a soulless individual. left her dog with you... what the hell is that about?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's how I got my first dog. In fact, in my case, I said she could continue to live with me until she got a new place only if I could keep the dog. Two months of no rent was worth it to her. Totally worth it for me too to put up with her for 2 more months, because 6 years later I still have my dog. (Weird side note: she got knocked up by a guy a year or so later and named her daughter the same name as the dog. Very weird, imo.)

As for OP, just keep looking. Younger healthy dogs can be given away to good homes if you look good enough.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What a loser you are, man. :eek: Your ex-girlfriend, however, is a bigger loser. Y'all should get back together.

Find a way to get it back to her at all costs, let HER be the soul-less one. The dog needs YOU. "lol"