1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doesn't matter if we get swept...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 25, 2013.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Maybe, but I still hate the idea of losing in a game that's barely even competitive.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

If we somehow beat the Thunder and advance everything would be perfect.

I see GS beating Denver and we can definitely beat GS.

I see San Antonio beating LAC.

For the WC finals, we'll take on the Spurs and should have a chance against them as well.

The teams we struggle against Denver and the Clippers would be taken out for us.

3. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

So far Lin hasn't really taken advantage of this playoff experience since he really hasn't played the first two games. What a waste of invaluable experience he could've gained.

4. recadna

recadna Member

He played 32 minutes in a blowout loss and another 20 minutes in one half before injured. I would not call "he has not really played in the first two games".

5. cw3k

cw3k Member

Of course, they played in a men's league.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'll take a game 7 blowout for this series. It can be by 50 for all I care. ;)

Seriously though, I really doubt how this series ends matter much in the grand scheme of things. Morey will be bringing in another important piece, and make necessary adjustments to personnel. We're still far away from contention regardless. Playoff wins are more important for the season. But season record is more indicative of overall talent. And we're a 45-50 win talent team right now.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yea! More waiting 'til next year. Wait 'til next year for a playoff win. Wait 'til next year for a TV deal. It's always wait 'til next year with Les and Morey.

8. durvasa

I think a good showing in the playoffs is important for how people perceive the team and its potential for next year.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I disagree, teams that get swept usually have a harder time getting back to the playoffs or establishing a winning playoff mentality because they always sneak in and then get bounced in the first round for 2 or 3 years.

We need to win two but one will be good enough to get the younger core of this group confidence to go forward. Getting swept via blow outs or close games does not help us.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

true. we want to be able to lure big name free agents.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Wasn't Beverley's father a star in the Italian league as a foreign player?

Beverley has a couple of European championships.

I'm really impressed with the players skill level from Europe playing in the NBA. It seems Morey is constantly recruiting from Europe.

Makes me wonder if top European competition is a higher level than College?!

What do you guys think? Any insight?

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Top Euro competition is definitley higher than D1 college ball.

A lot of euros can play in the NBA but choose not to. In a regular college game you have maybe 1-2 people who are NBA level.

13. durvasa

I don't think there's any question that European professional leagues are playing at a higher level that D1 college basketball.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

It also adds value to players who had an average regular season ala Trevor Ariza. Maybe Beverly will be high on Kahn's wish list after his game 3 triple double.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think I still wake up screaming on some nights because of that fateful 2005 game 7.

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is what I'm afraid of...

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I believe Beverley is on a 3 year $2m contract.
    He becomes a restricted free agent in 2015 so we got him for a bargain basement price until then.

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It is but top college prospects are generally younger and have a much higher upside.

19. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

I will pray for a sweep not to happen.

But the good in this series is Parsons has shined. This will help him next season. He is going to like the Playoff atmosphere and want more of it. He is already an awesome closer. Hopes he develops into an awesome defender

20. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Parsons has not shined. What games are you watching?