1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doesn't matter if we get swept...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 25, 2013.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this rockets team is growing with each playoff game.

if we missed the playoffs no way would we have seen what PATRICK BEVERLEY could do.

We are also learning more about Asik and what he can and can't do.

I also want to point out that Patrick played in Europe BEFORE he got drafted. Not sure why he left Arkansas to go to the Ukraine but it has helped him.

2. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Progress is all you can ask for brah. We've seen it from game 1 to game 2.

It seems that players who spend time in Europe play well. Jennings, Parsons, Bev

3. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Suspended in college for academic dishonesty (turned in a paper he didn't write). Didn't want to wait out the suspension, hired an agent, went overseas.

4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

When did Parsons play overseas?

5. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Lockout, bro

6. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

It does matter. You don't wan't the team to go out like that.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Excellent point, great opportunity to see who can perform in tight situations. I love the 4 some of Parsons, Asik (please go see Hakeem for at least 2 moves), Harden, and Beverly

8. lwlee

lwlee Member

Yeah it does matter. Don't lay down for anyone. Team is capable of winning 2 games. Let put some fear (the beard) in OKC.

9. recadna

recadna Member

I totally agree. Going up against a fully engaged Westbrook four or five games in a row is going to help Jeremy Lin and Patrick. You can not ask for a better growing opportunity for our young PGs.

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I want the lakers to get swept so d12 could leave

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I was saying this when everyone was jumping ship after the LA game.

The fact that we are in the playoffs makes this season a 100% success. We are gonna add another big time player this offseason, and the guys on the team now are growing up right now.

I expect us to be a serious threat next season.

12. assazhen

assazhen New Member

Someone posted the Youtube link for "Hoop Reality" on Clutchfans, but it's not longer on Youtube. Was entertaining though. It was the sequel to Arthur Agee's "Hoop Dreams" and he followed Beverley through his senior year of HS (with some post HS updates in the credits). Mentioned that he had a kid or two in college and needed to support them so he went overseas.

But Bev is here now. Let's win at home Sat/Mon.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This. I am so excited for the coming free agency and next season. It feels really good for our team to be relevant again.

I just hope we don't have to cut loose a lot of the players who make us so scrappy, i.e. Delfino and Beverly, to add somebody like Dwight.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If we show improvement each game, then I'm good win or lose. I just don't want us taking a step back and getting embarrassed. Those game 7 blowout losses to the Lakers in 2009 and Dallas in 2005 SUCKED.

15. wgray

wgray Member

hey guys just think back to the start of the season and how we all felt i didn't think we would win 30 games this year then we got harden. and to top it off we did a trade right in the middle of the season i am happy so far.

i know we would not beat okc if we get one game that's more than what i thought we would do

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lets keep in mind that this series was a couple of plays and a missed call from being 1-1 tied in the playoffs against the best team in the west..... Who knows what will happen next.....

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

your optimism is pissing me off!!!!

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how was that embarrasing? It was a miracle it even went that far.

19. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I think he played in France during the lockout. Of course, he would take his charms to the city of love lol

20. k-money

k-money Member

Knowing Morey he is probably going to ship beverly his price is rising as he gets better.