1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Yao going out make the season a little more enjoyable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 2rings

2rings Member

Strangely, I am able to enjoy the games more because now that Yao is out I have no idea what to expect for the remainder of the season and am just enjoying the ride. How about you?

Anything they do in the post-season is will be a great credit to the team and their heart. Trust me, I'd MUCH rather have the big guy, but I have to find something positive in his injury!

2. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Once the winning stops, you'll be the first to change your mind. This team as is will not go far in the playoffs. We lack an inside presence. Our points in the paint are way down. Perimeter shooting will get you nowhere.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The lack of all those frustrating turnovers is nice.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

no, I wanted to shoot myself in the face when he got hurt. Thats not what I call enjoyable

5. 2rings

2rings Member

Probably so, but my point is that expectations are different now and I am just able to watch and enjoy a little more stress free. i think you missed my point.

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

To answer your question, no, its not more enjoyable. I miss watching a dominant force at work. I miss knowing we can compete and beat anybody. Now, this team is built on a house of cards. Sure we can win, but we'll get exposed soon enough. And I'm not looking forward to that.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hmm ... I think winning 17 straight games makes the season more enjoyable, with or without Yao.

I do feel bad that Yao can't share in the success of the team right now.

8. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

It would be a much much much greater joy if yao is still in lineup. shame on you.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

You mean since the pressure's off so far as winning a championship goes? Kind of, but the team is still going to play their guts out trying to advance in the playoffs. I'm not looking forward to seeing them lose, if they do.

And I've got this lingering sense of disappointment. I was really looking forward to the Rockets tearing people up in the playoffs.

10. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Why are you starting this stupid new thread? There's already a dumb thread call "Who thinks this team is better w/out Yao?". This belong in that brainless thread.

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah we're almost like the GSW except better. We have no baller down low in the post where we can just dump the ball to for 22 pts a night and then he'll grab 11 boards for us.

Once our hot shooting stops, and T-Mac has an off-night or gets double-teamed every possession, it's going to hurt.

To me, the games are just as stressful. I don't want to lose with or without Yao. I can tell you this much, I sure as heck wish he was here. I don't know if we can make it out of the first round without Yao. They will devise a scheme to punish us down low.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

NO, [​IMG] are you crazy !!! I enjoyed watching the team gel with Yao.

Now it will be harder to win the championship.....and that is what I want.

DD

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's amazing how the Rockets managed to win the last 16 of the games Yao did play given that he is a turnover machine who clogs the lane and make games unenjoyable for all involved.

14. 2rings

2rings Member

Again, I think you are missing the point. Of COURSE I would prefer to have Yao - he is my fav player and I really enjoy watching his game and how the team was coming together around him - but you can't tell me that you have the same level of expectation for the team you did before he went out. So, the expectations have lowered and the perf of the team stays strong. It is like owrking in a job that you know you will be retiring from in a year. It takes some of the pressure off and allows you to focus on the pure enjoyment of what you do. Would i prefer to be "stressed" out and have Yao and a legit chance to go all the way - HELL yes - but that's not our reality now. I am just trying to see some bright spot in our misfortune.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I understand what you mean, but the title of your thread is pretty egregious.

Sounds like you're saying you're happy now that Yao's out, BECAUSE he's out, and weren't happy before.

16. cnbob

cnbob New Member

yeah, i do believe the team without YAO wont go further in playoffs.

but on the other side, we got more expectations from those young guy now

17. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I haven't felt this happy since the 05 season but I know that I can't put my expectations so high with Yao being out. Part of me still feels sadness as what's good about a 17+ win streak without the trophy? Let's get out of the first round first.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That and the up tempo style.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I might be a little more proud of this team, but I'm definitely not enjoying it more. If/when the Rockets get knocked out the playoffs, we'll be left with a "what if?" feeling.

20. GRB

GRB Member

Dude, why are you starting this thread?

Rockets fans are totally not in the mood now. This kind of threads just never helped.

Again, why are you starting this thread?