1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Yao get dumped on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MattM, Jan 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. MattM

MattM Member

Let me first say that I know I am a bit biased when I watch a Rocket's game. But doesn't it seem that Yao takes a lot of crap when he's playing? I know he's pretty soft right now and he's not all that tough, but doesn't it seem that his opponents hammer him all the time when he's trying to get the ball in the post, and they hammer him even more when hes going up for a shot? And to me it seems like a lot of this goes unnoticed by the officials. Then on the other end, Yao will get one of those "ticky-tac", "just standing there" fouls. The last two games hes either been fouled out or benched near the end of the game because of foul trouble.

I know I always complain about the officiating but in the case of Yao, it really seems that he's treated unfairly in many instances.

2. hkomives

hkomives Member

I agree Yao doesn't get all the calls on the offensive end but Shaq doesn't either as well as the other dominating centers so I can't complain about that.
    On the defensive end Yao got a couple of flagrant bad calls against him but 2 doesn't make a pattern. I think too that Rockets opponents focused on a strategy to foul him out at all costs, including falling to the floor at great speed with and arranging their faces to show pain even without being touched by Yao.

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Jeff VG sez, Yao needs to dish it out.

If they're gonna call the foul anyway, make them earn it. Yao needs to whack somebody into yesterday, and the refs will back off. It's funny how that works.

If he stays soft, everybody will pile on. Refs included.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

So while most of the Rockets fans think yao is soft, the referees do not agree at all. They see Yao as a bulldozer who keeps knocking people down and put them in pain. :eek:

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Yao needs to take charge once he does that the refs will come along and give him the benifet of the doubt, like they do with shaq.

6. hkomives

hkomives Member

It goes both ways, I believe Yao was fouled hard only once this year. Nobody in the NBA wants to hurt Yao.

7. pasox2

Supporting Member

Personally, I'd like Yao to pick a high-profile target to send his message. Someone like ... Kobe. Everybody knows Kobe has it coming. Remember his little gratuitous shot to Cato's nuts? Well, its payback time.

Wait till he drives the lane, then Yao can body up, grab him in the crotch and shoulder in the air, and then throw both arms down to send him crashing to the hardwood. Then step on him.

That should send the message. Half the league would applaud.

After the game, specifically mention the shot to Cato. Make a big stink. Pay the fine. Your team's life will be much better.

8. pasox2

Supporting Member

Never mind what I just said. Just whack anybody that's driving in and getting cute. Go ahead and foul out. That puts the pressure on the refs. They don't want to foul you out. It makes them look bad. It disappoints the fans. You'll get your rep for hard fouls and that ticky tack stuff will go away. You've got Cato playing well. Just do it.

9. MattM

MattM Member

Wow, I would love to see this! :D

10. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

I agree he needs to make them earn that foul. Players will think twice if they see somebody get knocked out. I think these players except for a few are scared of gettin whacked. Yao needs to draw blood and people will think twice!Get mad YAO!:mad:

11. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

Na, I saw the opposite attitude from the ref last night. :(

12. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Good post. I guess the way I see it, Yao always seems like he's looking for the foul before it ever happens. He's just not going to get the calls that a seasoned veteran would. He needs to concentrate on going strong to the hoop and letting the fousl come to him!

13. Juugie

Juugie Member

If he did that, he'd better duck or run cause there'd be 350 pounds of pissed off Deisel coming after him.

14. pasox2

Supporting Member

Take the diesel. That would be even better.

Remember, Shaq can't connect on his punches :). Whatever. The bigger the pub, the better. One punch from Shaq = a whole new career for Yao.

Do it Yao. Get busy.

15. WLH

WLH Member

Yeah. Start knocking people on their asses. Instill fear. Earn respect. Stop getting posterized.

16. rvpals

rvpals Member

LOL:D

17. rvpals

rvpals Member

Forget about it. Yao is too nice to ever punch anyone on the court, not that he's afraid of Shaq. It's wrong to play with the intend to hurt somebody, no wonder bball is no longer fun to watch with all these body attacking.

18. qrui

qrui Member

big NO. it only gives the ref excuses to call him again and again. 'benifit of doubt' the other way. remember why dennis rodman got so many calls even when he was obviously not fouling?
    besides, believe me you yao would never ever do anything like that.

19. Juugie

Juugie Member

Yao actually has too much class to deliberately hurt someone.

He could learn to be physical without becoming a thug.

20. Toast

Toast Member

Testify.

Refs suck.