1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Steve Francis drink Sprite?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXRAN, Dec 30, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Obviously ( or maybe not), I am referring to the similarity of Francis and Grant Hill...How so? well, Grant Hill has had a down turn in his performance, but could make a comeback to where he was...and drink Sprite again...but that is beside the point...

The point is... I see substantial similarities in what each player brings to the table at their respective position.

You have that "all-around game"...the proverbial jack-of-all-trades type of player who is considered superstar or near-superstar because he can do so many things very good, but not nearly one thing well...these kind of players will have their naysayers...You know what I'm talking about...the broad range of respectable categories: scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, etc...
    all very good for their respective position, but not one thing well.

Can an "all-around player" be a franchise player or MVP player?

The answer seems to be obviously...yes, but I see too often players who can do 1 or 2 categories well gather more attention than they really deserve...now this doesn't mean Iverson isn't just known for scoring, and steals...(personally I think his defense is a tad overated) he will do good in other categories, as well as other players known for leading in a certain category...but what about players who can perform in several categories consistently in a consistent manner?
    Look at Steve's numbers across the board, compare it to others, look at every category,...consider his position, and you will likely conclude Steve Francis IS the best overall point guard in the league...Only a handful of players can put up across the board numbers on a consistent basis and Francis is one of them, without a doubt.

I hear what you are saying ROXRAN, but Grant Hill no longer drinks Sprite...

True. Grant Hill is now bantha fodder, but his downfall has been because of injury, he'll come back. In Hill's third and fourth year he started to really make a name for himself (this was what? back in the mid-to-late 90's, I believe.) Some people even compared him to the Jordan of old and as the poster child for the NBA to market. He gained immense popularity and garnered a majority of votes to the All-Star game...

Now, Steve Francis seems to be riding the same glorious trail as he will definitely start in the All-Star game and people are noticing exactly what he truly brings to the table...The all-around game, the effort, and unique ability....I just wonder if Steve likes Sprite?

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Steve is a gatorade kind of guy;)