1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Sexual Attraction Indicate Racism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2013.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was an interesting side discussion in another thread that I think deserves it's own thread. Pouhe raised some interesting points regarding how sexual attraction is a personal construct and not necessarily indicative of any other attitudes. At the same time though attractiveness is very clearly a cultural construct and one can easily see in art and anthropological history very strong differences about what people find sexually attractive.

One personal angle that I have been interested in is sexual attraction across racial lines. There has been a lot of discussion in the Asian American community about "yellow fever" of white males who are primarily interested in dating Asian women and vice versa. This is also tied to a desexualizing of Asian males. At the same time there has been a lot of discussion about the sexualization of Black men culturally.

Another CF angle to this though is on the Best Ass thread in hangout where there does appear to be a lot of disagreement about what exactly constitutes a "Best Ass" with many of that disagreement seemingly along racial and cultural lines.

I'm not going to make a poll since I don't think this can be boiled down to simple answers but am curious what y'all think.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not racism . . .just bias
    I mean . . . Everyone has a preference
    and it could be based on what you were raised seeing.

your mom, sister, cousins, school mates, etc
    Personal experience and who you around will color what you like
    [not saying you sexualize relatives but you might want someone like mom]

Hell . . .if a chick with a big butt hurt you superbadly
    you may no longer like big butts

The mind is jumble of things.
    Attractiveness Preferemce does not necessarily make one racist

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i spent a lot of time in the early 70s holding this album cover up with one hand:

[​IMG]
    i was disturbed by this.
    good with it now.

4. AXG

AXG Member

We all have our preferences, but I rarely find myself sticking to one type. Sometimes it's just whatever is easily available.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I can't figure out if your fetish is sexualizing black women or just patronizing minorities.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Black women can't be sexualized?

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So now I have to f-ck Precious to not be considered a racist?

1 person likes this.
  8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

NSFW

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Anel6bvrbWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#8 v3.0, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  9. yo

yo Contributing Member

I find it more superficial than racist that one prefers a certain race other than their own.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I don't discriminate, I regulate every shade of the ass. Just as long as you show class and pass my test.

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Cool Story Bro: In high school I never had a thing for Asian girls and even when I got the opportunity to date a 10, I rejected her (Yes, she asked me out). Probably one of the better looking girls that I've had the opportunity to date (About 5'7" was a cheerleader... damn I was a fool). Was I racist? No, I just didn't have exposure to too many Asians in general until that point. That changed in University, when almost all my friends were Asians and I started feeling more attracted towards their females. For me, it was a matter of familiarity.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Not necessarily.

You can be attracted and still be racist and visa versa

/thread

1 person likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

an aesthetic racial preference is not racism, good grief

the left sees racism everywhere, it's utterly tiresome

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've dated women of all races with the exception of black. The ones I've had a crush on had strong personalities so I couldn't find the courage to go beyond friends. Oh... being young and timid. Those were the days.

15. itstheyear3030

People, there have been many studies done on this topic. Race within the framework of socialization/upbringing has a powerful impact on one's sexual attraction. Thus, in some cases, even if you're not consciously being racist, your "preferences" reflect racism in your environment.

It's not really something to feel too bad about, and it's probably something that can never be avoided. On the other hand, it's also foolish to pretend such effects don't exist, as if categorizing something as a personal sexual attraction insulates it from the forces that affect all of our other views, decisions, and preferences.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Most liberals are white, nearly all blacks are electorally liberal; and both groups engage in less interracial dating, let alone marriage, than any other demographic.

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Prove this.

I don't live in Houston, so I don't share your perspective....but 50% of the couples my wife and I hang out with are not white on white.

In both NY and Calgary (which is basically Houston of Canada) I see a lot of mixed marriages. This is the future. Party affiliation has nothing to do with anything.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nah, it's just that the right wing and racists choose not to see it.

A guy drives to the golf course and the entrance is near my parents house. He yells out "expletive Mexican dot head" from his pick-up truck and drives right in. So I follow the dude in and tell the manager hey - tell your golfers not to yell racial epithets at us while he's driving by. They revoke his membership, and I can here him complaining as I leave - "why they gotta always say we're racists?"

Yeah, it's so tiresome for you.

19. SunsRocketsfan

Hmmm ive had sex with white women (american, russian and french), a indian girl, a black girl, a latina, and asians. Guess im not racist. :) if a woman is hot shes hot.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't believe this story. You have a wild imagination, kid.

And as to the thread starter's question - it might or might not.

Personally, I have had just about everything except Eskimo ladies.