1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Rick Adelman have a shot at Coach of the Year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Johnson2000, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Ya, as of now I think its probably between Adelman, Doug Collins, and Frank Vogal

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

His mentality is not that of a volume scorer. He picks his shots very well.

3. what

what Member

I see george becoming a sean elliot type. I really like his game.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Wow, just because of 1 game versus the Clippers that they barely won. Mark my words, they will not be over .500.

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah they will, they have the 6th best +/- in the west.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Adelman deserves to run away with it if the Wolves make the playoffs. 17 wins to making the playoffs in the west is a huge accomplishment. The Pacers and Sixers were already playoffs teams.

However, I really don’t see the Wolves making the playoffs this season. You can see the definite improvement in the team, but closing out games consistently comes with experience. They're going to be a team like the Rockets were last season -- better than their record indicates according to the stats. They'll be a force next season, though.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

George Karl deserves mention. He'll miss out again, but what he has done in Denver has been nothing short of amazing.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

An entire team can't have +/-, only players and combinations of players (up to 5) can have +/-. You must be thinking of something else, point differential maybe?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

My votes are George Karl, the Pacers coach and esp. the NO coach. Its amazing what he'd done with the sorry ass talent. If you ranked teams based on talent NO would be the most pathetic team in the L.

10. redao

redao Member

Adelman is definitely the best coach. COY is nothing.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Collins already improved his team by 14 wins last year. I don't see how he could do anything more impressive this year.