1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Phoenix have a chance?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yaoluv, Apr 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Currently PHX is 3 games behind Dallas

They play each other tommorow in Dallas which will be a critical game.

After that Dallas has:

Utah
    New orleans
    @New Orleans
    Minnesota
    Houston

Suns will have:

@New orleans
    @Memphis
    @Minnesota
    Memphis
    Golden State

If the suns can win out or only drop 1 game to new orleans maybe, I think they might have a chance to slip past the mavs.

GO SUNS

2. Cbox

Cbox Member

You are right. I like their odds. I'd rather see Shaq in the playoffs than no talent Dampier.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'd love to see Utah choke, but that's only wishful thinking. Phoenix won't make it...Dallas will.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Utah's not completely out of the woods yet either. They just lost one of their few remaining gimme games last night.

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

A friend of mine is a Suns fan and he says he feels his team is going to make it to the playoffs and I know him well, he is really good with predictions so it might happens.

6. ThaShark316_28

They beat Dallas tomorrow, thats only a 2 game lead...so tomorrow is HUGE for the Suns.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

As nice as it would be to see Mavericks fans suffer the embarrassment of not making the playoffs, I think I would rather have that team swept in the first round by LA than getting a lottery pick.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Suns are dead.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I hope they're done.

I'm pretty sure my girl and I were on TV during the Rockets/Suns game here in Phoenix yelling to the camera that the Rockets were going to the playoffs.

I was drinking and embarrassed myself either way, but hopefully, I was correct in my postseason outlook. :)

10. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

we already clinched a spot :D

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ha Ha I knew that, but I just assumed that the Suns were NOT going. I swear I was one of five Rockets fans in the US Airways Center. I haven't had so many stink eyes directed toward me since I used to live in Denver.

Oh well. I'd rather be a Rockets fan any day of the week than any other team in the NBA.

12. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I think the Lakers would be more worried about the Suns than Mavs and personally I would love to see Suns - Lakers first round. Everyone knows Kobe wants to prove he can win a championship without Shaq, wouldn't it be funny if Shaq knocked them out. We saw how much the Lakers struggled with Yao at times... Shaq would be the same deal.

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

The suns are done. If they could have mustered 5 wins in a row, they would have done it by now. I wish it could be Utah missing the playoffs, but meh.... shaq is a tool.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think the Lakers are worried about either team. Either the Mavs or Suns would be lucky to win one game. Neither team has nearly enough talent to compete with them nor do they have the defense it takes to knock the Lakers out of their rhythm.

IMO, if the Lakers could choose between the two, they would take the Suns because of the (semi)rivalry. Beating them down would be more satisfying.

15. Chamillionaire

i can't quite see phoenix making it either, but it would be nice to see shaq in the playoffs, can't recall if he ever missed it.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If they dont beat the Mavs, the Suns are pretty much out. Loss puts them 4 games out with 5 left to play. If the Suns do win and make the playoffs, it'll be one of the worst regular season chokes along with having maybe the worst playoff choke ever

Go Suns?

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Go Suns! I live in LA so watching Suns/Lakers would definitely be more exciting than Dallas|Utah/Lakers

18. dback816

dback816 Member

What are the odds of utah choking out

Everyday I dread the fact that we might get them first round, again

19. plates300

plates300 Member

I believe shaq has only missed the playoffs once his ENTIRE career, and that was his rookie year. pretty amazing if you ask me. I hope the suns do make it to the playoffs. Lakers/Suns sound alot better than Lakers/Mavs.

20. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I'm sure Kobe wants to face the Suns after Shaq's 'how does my ******* taste?' comments. After the Lakers win it should definetley shut Shaq up for good...actually, no it probably woudldn't