1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey recognize how dumb this team is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 8, 2015.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You can't trust anyone when your team is continuously being throttled by the ****tiest teams in the NBA

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey is a smart man that does idiotic things, the biggest of all which is implement the most 3pt centered offense in league history with terrible 3pt shooters.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

McHale was never the problem. He was the one who was pushing hard to re-sign Dragic and then to sign/trade for Dunleavy.

This team is what it is because of they made signing Lin a priority and then the Bosh debacle from last season.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

McHale was part of the problem. This team has developed some very bad habits over the years(careless turnovers, standing around on offense, not running back on defense) and these were never addressed. Now with Harden basically mailing in half the time and not bailing the team out like he did last season, they find themselves going from the WCF to being on the verge of missing the playoffs.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/i7j0eaWplzD/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

At least our coach knows how to do the "Lambada"! ... :eek:

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

fify :grin:

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

These are personnel problems.

8. dmoneybangbang

That's the thing.... a 3pt centered offense means a bunch of guys that make 3s around the league average can have a good offense; albeit, a high variance offense as we've seen last season.

One just doesn't fathom how an entire team can be shooting so poorly, poorly enough to where the value of the 3pt shot has been taken away in many games. One just hopes the law of averages swing back in our favor, but we need to try and tread water at the very least in the meantime. The West is baffling weak (relative to last season) outside of GS and Spurs so we just need to avoid the 7th or 8th seed....

Personally, I think we need another guard who can shoot instead of Lawson. Keeping with the theme of undersized guard who plays bad defense, we need slightly overpay in assets to grab Isaiah Thomas from Boston. Dude just gets buckets where ever he goes.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Personnel, my ass. Why is it that every single player on the Rockets seems to have trouble making passes? Or running back on defense? Or boxing out for a rebound? Or staying in front of their man instead of swiping at the ball to get a steal? It ain't the personnel. It's the system and the coaching.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No TJones, but we had Josh Smith who isn't exactly basketball's answer to Einstein. Howard, for the most part has been a positive and last year, of the 41 games he started, we won 29 of them. Brewer was everyone's favorite smiling guy last year. He was the thoroughbred that led our fast breaks. He saved our butts several times. Nobody really said anything about him being a complete idiot or anything last year, did they? Beverley being out was one of the reasons several people said we couldn't beat the Warriors, but let's just say you're right about him.

Still, I'm going to need more convincing. This team had the 2nd best record in the conference last year. From what I recall, Dwight, Bev, and Jones played significant minutes the year before that and won 54 games. I'm finding it difficult to believe those guys playing and being dumb is what's causing this collapse of a team.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

concentrate and play harder :p it's a reach to blame coaching or the "system" with these issues.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets were not lucky last year. Get out of here with that nonsense. The Rockets won 56 games. And they won 54 games the previous year. The Rockets look like a completely different team this year. Don't tell me it's all about luck.

But, something is different about this team. Something that I cannot explain. It's weird, that's for sure. It's like the pieces don't fit. It's like these guys have never played together. There just isn't any chemistry.

I have to look at the guy that is the glue to this team. James Harden handles the ball more than anyone else. He takes more shots than anyone else. Harden's play has a larger impact on this team than anyone else's. I think it begins and ends with Harden. I'm not saying his support cast is blameless, but Harden has to play like the superstar he is supposed to be.

The lack of movement on offense? Who's fault is that? The lack of effort on defense? Who's fault is that?

Should a coaching change ever be needed to convince the players to give effort? I don't think so. These players get paid a lot of money to play ball. Effort should be given without the coach having to yell or beg. That's what being a proffesional is all about. Are all of our players earning their money?

It's one thing to lack talent, or have a low basketball IQ. But, it's another thing to have the talent and not give effort.

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

They're lazy. It starts at the top with James and trickles down from there.

14. ibm

ibm Member

yeah i feel the same.

as an avg. fan looking in, i think its the intangibles. chemistry, mental makeup,,, that kinda stuff.

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey had done too much bad decision.He is not a bad GM, but u can't expect him to build a top team

16. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

It's only December and the Rockets are being run by an interim coach. The team goes from the WCF to this...amazing. Morey is a good GM, but he needs to get a proven coach and not hire a puppet to implement his low percentage 3 point offense.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This gotta be the Rockets D league players posing as last year's Rockets players. This is not the same team that played with passion, heart, hustle, and determination.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well we had a point guard that went to Harvard and let go. Just saying ...

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

How original.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Great post!