1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Matt Bullard read the BBS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnutts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

Anyone see the postgame wrap-up after tonight's win over Minnesota?

Bull said, and I'm paraphrasing: "We as Rocket fans should enjoy the process. I know there's a lot of negativity going around with the team and Steve Francis but this is the growing process it takes to make a championship team."

I couldn't agree more. I know this post is about to be bombarded with negativity, but I appreciate Bull for making that statement. Too often we think these NBA Live-style trades and fantasy basketball maneuvers are going to create some sort of mythical championship run. But like Bull, I enjoy watching the team grow -- it's certainly frustrating at times, but it all makes up for it with an incredibly fulfilling game like tonight's victory.

Okay, enough optimism for now. I'm waiting for the first "We've been waiting for X amount of years" post to follow.

2. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

well if some here feel this way

theres bound to be others lol

probably ain't the only fans in houston complaining although I've never whined lets trade steve every game lol

3. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

doesnt he have a regular radio spot? i thought thats what he was referring to...

4. haven

haven Member

Nice idea, just too optimistic. Sometimes, players don't improve. Sometimes, potential is never realized. It's just as foolish to assume potential will always be realized as it is to believe it will never be realized. The trick is to take risks that are well-calculated.

I'm less optimistic than you and Bullard... but there's certainly still hope :).

5. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

I guess I'm a perpetual optimist, then.

I just read a similar sentiment to Bull in the post about Sean Elliott's comments:

"I'm a proponent of keeping teams together," Elliott said. "The number of coaching changes and players changing teams has been beyond absurd. Most teams win by staying together, winning and losing, laughing and crying together. That is how you build a champion. I like to keep a team together and let them go for a while until you reach the point that they're not going to get better, which is when you make the change."

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sean's point is well taken. The problem is that this was a team assembled for SF. Then YM. It needs to be one thing and the players are not.

Give MoT credit for his development and growth. Cat, too. Give SF credit for trying to adapt.

However, JVG is a style different from RT and the team needs to reflect one style, and win with it.

BTW - if (and so sadly, it is not) Rox were in East, these vagabond Rox, we would be caught up in home court playoff advantage and talk about being able to come out of the East, even with Detroit/Sheed, Indy/JO'N, and Doogie's Nets/Kidd.