1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Lebron hope that Chris Bosh would leave Miami on his own accord

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wade and LeBron seems closer. . .friendlier
    Wade is also the hometown guy . . in a sense

To me . . . LeBron/Melo/Wade is about the same as LeBron/Bosh/Wade
    I don't think on their own . . .either group can cruise to a championship again

Rocket River

2. jvu

jvu Member

MELO-bron-Bosh

Works better than

Wade (old lazy-D wade) bron -melo

3. jvu

jvu Member

Wade needs to retire for ^^^^ to take place don't see him leaving though

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Nobody knows for sure but I had been thinking of this same theory for a few days now. SAS just confirmed it or at least shares my same sentiments.

I think deep down inside Lebron would be happy if Bosh leaves on his own. This would free up a ton of salary to sign key players needed to revamp that Miami roster.

5. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

SAS is saying this because he knows LBJ and Wade and feels Lebron and Wade are "superstars" and "box office." He just thinks Bosh is a third wheel not really in the group.

But an LBJ-Melo-Bosh team would be much better than an LBJ-Melo-Wade team. Bosh is seriously underrated on that team. SAS even says "any talk of Bosh making it to the Hall of Fame should be died out." Even though every player in NBA history who's a 9-time all star and 2-time NBA champion has made the Hall of Fame, Bosh has no chance because he's the "third wheel" and not a social superstar. Give me a break SAS

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I dont think the Heat would let Wade go, he's more of a cornerstone to that franchise than LeBron is. Riley is going to take care of Wade. Bosh is the outsider

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wade brought them 3 championships. Letting him go would be a slap in the face, but who knows. Dream brought us two and look how that ended.

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Wade is still an all star caliber 2 when his knee is right. Dream on the other hand was a shell of himself.

Also the way this plays out is simple from Miami's perspective. Bosh will get a low ball offer of around 11-12 million per year and if he signs that then great, if not then bosh will come to Houston and Miami will have the necessary salary cap space to sign other key players such as melo or deng.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't trust Wade's knees. If his knees are right you are definitely right, but if Wade left the NBA two years from now I wouldn't be shocked. I would be sad, but not shocked.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So
    Lebron - 22 Mill
    Wade - 12 Mill
    =============
    Melo - 20 million

that would be 52 of their 55 million available
    and they have no other contracts

Rocket River
    Is that the plan ?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

No contracts other than Napier and Cole. Haslem likely comes back at a discount, too.

The rest of the roster will be filled out via room exception and minimum deals.

13. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

I agree that they don't cruise to a championship either way, but I think there's more upside in LeBron/Melo/Wade as Melo is a bigger star than Bosh on their own merits and ultimately might be the better fit even with Bosh's contributions at center. Given the roster improvement limitations of having a big 3 I think you want to maximize the star power of your big 3 since you're going to be limited on the talent you have around them - you're already handicapped now in that Wade is not likely to exceed the value of his contract.

I think two competing factors here:
    1. In the playoffs it seems like one of the Heat's biggest problems was scoring and in particular not having a title worthy #2 scoring option (Bosh and Wade might be limited to being great #3 scoring options on a title contender - neither averaged over 18 ppg in the playoffs and no one outside of the big 3 posted double digit scoring averages). A Melo addition would turn this from being an issue into a ginormous strength.

2. On the flip side, Bosh played a ton of minutes at center for them and they have no viable options at the moment to replace those minutes with anyone other than a complete and total scrub or washed up player who can't handle the minutes.

If they keep the band together I think what they really need and the best they could reasonably hope for is both the addition of a 6th man of the year level scorer off the bench to fill some of the scoring void AND add someone legitimate at center who can take some of the pressure off of Bosh. Even this doesn't seem possible in the market though given their limited open cap space (maybe adding Gasol/Gortat/Hawes + Pierce/N. Young could have been enough).

All things considered, I think LeBron/Melo/Wade has a bit more upside than LeBron/Bosh/Wade... you're talking about the best player in the game in LeBron and a top 3 scorer in Melo. The exacerbated weakness at the center position might be too much for LeBron/Melo/Wade to overcome, but bringing the same team back with minimal improvement would almost ensure that you won't win the titel. At least you're giving yourself a chance and a benefit of this move is you can narrow your focus. You are one addition of a credible center away from being the favorite to win the title every year. Even just trading for a Dalembert (if you can scrouge up the assets and salary) or adding him with the MLE next year would just about do it - Chalmers/Wade/LBJ/Melo/Dalembert.

14. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

How does Lebron look at that team and choose Wade over Bosh at this point? 3 years ago sure, but it makes no sense now.

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Riley is loyal to him, and in turn wade is loyal to the organization. He's been the guy who was part of winning 3 championships for them. He's not gone until he wants to be.

16. juicystream

juicystream Member

Nobody would on talent, but they are obviously closer, and hard to imagine him going anywhere (though he should go to Phoenix for whatever they were doing for Shaq & Grant Hill).

Wade should also be more open to a substantial pay cut than Bosh. Once Lowry made his choice, I think Miami really had to start scrambling, because he was the one major upgrade that could potentially have come. Definitely think they needed to focus on creating depth, even if it cost them a star.

17. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

I don't see a team, even in today's small ball era, winning big with McRoberts being your best player over 6'8".

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

"Chris Bosh & Chris Andersen sign with the Houston Rockets. Rockets solve 2 problems with a dynamic starting 4 that can play 5 as well as getting a high flying 5 that can defend and play in D. Howard's absence."

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Wade might be the face of the Heat for the last decade, but I'm thinking Riley wants to win. I think his first loyalty will be to the Heat and his concern will be maximizing his chance of winning a championship. Wade might help him get there, so he might stick around. But, I have a hard time imagining Riley actually knowingly sacrifice winning for the sake of loyalty.

20. professorjay

professorjay Member

Too many things have to fall into line to 'hope for'. I doubt Lebron tries to set up this situation with his career and legacy on the line. If they want him out, they'll find a better way.

Call me crazy but I believe most of what's out there. They gave Riley a window of time and are also taking that same window to find out their alternatives in their own best interests. Then it's meeting time. None of the rumors + numbers thrown around show there's a concrete plan in place.

But I'm sticking w/ my initial guess that the band stays together. As a Rockets and Cavs fan I'd love to see otherwise.