1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does it suprise anyone that Cuttino had more shots than anyone today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tod the bod, Mar 13, 2005.

1. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

The dude never met a shot he didn't like.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Cuttino was one of the only reasons they stayed alive throughout the game.

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

lol what about all of bibby's bricks?

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Tod - 'Jack' (;) ) was back in full force today. Thank God we don't have to put up with that BS anymore.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Who the hell else do you guys expect to score on that team other than Peja and Bibby?

Brian Skinner? Darius Songalia?

6. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

It was obvious he was trying to be the hero for the Kings against his former team...too bad it didnt work, but it was a good effort nonetheless :D

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cat had some timely 3s, but he didn't know when to quit. 8 must've been his lucky number....

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Cat had a good game. Bibby was sucking. So It was up to Cat and Stoy.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Let's totally discount the number of shots and the selection. Anyone want to address Cuttino's transition D?

10. tod the bod

Hey Cabbage: I was going to call him Jack instead of Cuttino but I didn't know if anyone else would realize to whom I was referring. :D

11. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

He played hard.

:)

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Cat was 8/24 from the field, a good game indeed:rolleyes:

To be fair though, the whole Kings team couldn't knock down a shot today. But it doesn't matter anyways, Sac-town is heading back towards its rightful place...before Webber ever got there, that is:p, the Mitch Richmond era.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He did have more shots, but it seemed like he and Peja were the only ones who could score for Sacto. All in all, glad we've got David Wesley instead.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Did you even watch the game? The most life the Kings showed the whole game were runs in the 3rd and 4th quarters, both of which Cuttino was integral in. Statistics seldom tell the whole story. Besides, dude is a shooting guard. His job is to shoot when he gets an open look.

I agree about the defense though, the entire Kings team was weak on defensive rotations to open shooters, and getting back in transition. Wasn't just Cat, but he didn't help in that area.

15. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

we didn't call him 'Jack' for nothing...

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Not considering Wesley's age, he is a much better role player than Cuttino: he plays better defense, a pretty good passer that keeps the ball moving (huge factor in Rocket's smooth offensive machine), and can score just as well as Mobely, but doesn't put up the number of shots Cat does. The key difference is that Wesley knows he is a role player, while Cat (as much as I loved him) seemed to be resistant to that fact.

The deciding factor though might be the age factor, although DW is not that old really, and Mobley is about to hit the big 30 as well.

17. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

SORRY Tigermission 1, but there is a big difference in 29.5 and 35 yrs.

I liked Cat- but he really did make bone headed mistakes as a Rocket-but he always tried. He could be a spark off the bench, and as much as he disappointed us at times, he always came to camp in top condition and played his heart out.

He also signed for below market value to stay here.
    I will always like Cat.....

Right now Wesley is going to help us more for the immediate future no doubt

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Ahh...I remember Jack.

Wasn't he in Threes Company for a time way, way, way back in the day? That is my all time favorite show.

Nice to see you around more, Bod. Still miss Rudy T.? :)

19. tod the bod

Sam: Sure Cuttino played well in the second half, but one of the reasons why the Kings were where they were was the way that he played in the first half. I don't care that Cuttino is a shooting guard, unless you are all-world, you shouldn't be taking 24 shots a game. You have to know how to pass.

20. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

With 2 minutes left and still within striking distance, Cat dribbles down court and jacks up a 3 pt brick. Ahh, those were the days. I'm glad it is on the other side now.

That being said, Cat was the only reason Sac was even in the game at all. Without Cat, it would not have been even close. Great talent and heart, not so great head.