1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does it make sense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanjaylucknow, May 31, 2006.

1. Sanjaylucknow

Sanjaylucknow Contributing Member

Swift to Chicago for the 16th Pick and TE and then package Chicago’s pick+TE from Chicago+Head+Sura to Golden State for Fisher and Dunleavy.

Why would Chicago do it? Swift can help them more than a mid first rounder.
    Why would warriors do it? They are ready for major changes and the this trade provides them major cap relief, a nice young prospect in Head and a Ist round pick.

Why would Rockets do it? Although over paid, both Fisher and Dunleavy are good role players and would help us right away.

We can use our TE from Anderson’s trade to get Padget from NJ and use part of the TE from Moochie’s trade to do a sign and trade for Cato or some other veteran 4/5. Now we can draft Carney/Shelden Williams with our Ist round pick and use the MLE and 32nd pick to get help at two.

Yao/Mutombo/Cato
    Howard/Padget/Cato
    TMac/Dunleavy/Carney
    F.A.(Bonzi Wells?)/Dunleavy/Carney
    Alston/Fisher

We will be a bit thin at 4, but other than that there will be major improvement at all the other spots. Comments.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Swift + Head + Sura + TE for Fisher/Dunleavy? No thanks. I wouldn't mind Dunleavy as a backup for TMac but I don't want to deal Luther for him.

Just say NO to Fisher. The guy will be paid $7M for the 09-10 season when he will be 37 yrs old! We thought Juwan's contract was bad.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I would send Swift to Chicago for the 16th pick & the TE ! But would not make the second trade as you have outlined it, our second trade must be including HOWARD and Sura++For........

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Bulls don't want or need Stromile Swift. Remember, he needs a more "positive" coach because of his fragile emotional makeup. JVG has a soft touch compared to Scott Skiles.

5. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

Good god, you guys want to trade Swift for a 16th pick in one of the weakest drafts. :rolleyes:

I take it most of you are the same people who were advocating the trading of Yao before his explosion in the latter part of last season.

6. choujie

choujie Member

No. It doesn't make sense. Rockets wouldn't sign Fisher and Dunlevey if they were free agents at that price, let alone trade assets for them.

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

your roster depth projection is off. And how did you come up with Cato?

As far as the trade is concerned, I would do it if they would take juwon.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. We're the people who watched Swift play last season. His sneakers have a higher basketball IQ than he does.

9. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

No. It doesn't. Stop posting trade threads.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let's see...

a) The Rox need good shooters.

b) Dunleavy shot .406, and .285 from 3-point range last year.

c) No, it makes no sense whatsoever.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It pains me to write it, but Dunleavy's bad season has me semi-attracted to acquiring him since he could be a "buy low" candidate and a solid rotation piece. The two seasons before this one he shot around 45% from the floor and between 37% and 39% from long range.

His contract isn't exactly pretty though since he signed a 5-year, $44 million extension as this past season started.

Fisher though I wouldn't touch ... that contract is death for what you get.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm with Clutch here on being interested in Dunleavy. Also, Cato is a great idea.

13. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

It doesn't make any sense!

14. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

But Cato is a nice IDEAL 4 we need. He is unhappy in Detroit and will be an FA, bring him back home.