1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Harden have the potential to be better than T-Mac in his prime?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If tmac was so dominant it wouldn't have gone to game 7
    In any of his 3 playoff series he played for us

Give me Harden all day.
    Prime tmac couldn't win in that crap eastern conference with Toronto or Orlando

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

He was a kid in Toronto, and the Magic had all their cap tied into a crippled Grant Hill and surround t-mac with a bunch of old men that could barely walk at that point. JVG didn't do any better by bringing in a bunch of old Knicks has beens to Houston.

Harden wouldn't have beaten the Jazz or Mavs with those Rockets teams.. Kobe was a first round virgin without Shaq and Pau. MJ was a first round virgin without Pippen.. LeBron played in those garbage Eastern Conferences his whole career and has now played the majority of his career with 3 all stars + tons of depth on each of his teams. But, yeah...T-Mac sucks.

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

here goes the childish responses again with no logic. i fully understand why you have posted 54000 times. in that case, michael jordan couldn't lead any of teams to the second round before he got scottie pippen because he wasn't dominant....lol. kobe bryant is wrong and you are right, tmac wasn't dominant.....HAHAHHAA, he was unguardable you fool! he would destroy george hill, simmons, patty mills, and the whole SA kitchen sink. unlike harden who decides to dribble the ball down the court and deliberately turn the ball over, an EGO that BIG! he's a winner!

4. jcmoon

don't worry caesar, he didn't watch the games, only looks at box scores...

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good pre-game entertainment

[​IMG]

6. tinman

Supporting Member

We can't time travel on Harden on the past
    But I'm not the one grabbing tmac and putting him in the now.

So Hakeem as a kid took the rockets to the NBA finals in his second year

Patience likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

You deny he didn't play in the golden state game?

Let's make a $200 tip jar bet

8. tinman

Supporting Member

A picture of someone sitting down ?
    That's what tmac does in the second round of the playoffs

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I didn't say anything about T-Mac playing today. Just came in and saw T-mac being blamed fully when he absolutely has blame, but it's shared with JVG and Game 7 jazz loss was absolutely on Yao.

You're the one comparing his first round virginity on garbage rosters to Harden's rosters and 1st round opponents that's he's past.

10. txn

txn Member

We got a new term "MOF" :D

11. tinman

Supporting Member

It is shared blame but Tracy failed with two great coaches to win a playoff series

We traded Steve Francis and Cat and Kato and got the same result
    Plus JVG fired

This is an old thread that got bumped after last game

Maybe it's me cause I'm a clutch city rockets fan but when i think of Rockets vs Spurs in the playoffs

Tmac is not the first thing that pops in my head

Regular season wins streaks mean nothing in the playoffs

I think Robert Horry and Hakeem Olajuwon vs the Spurs
    But then again I'm a real rockets fan not a guy who romanticizes players who failed to lead the Rockets anywhere

12. jcmoon

there is no winning with this dude, lol!!

13. tinman

Supporting Member

There's no winning playoff series with McGrady

Seriously go back and look
    It's for every team
    Even in China
    And when he played baseball in sugar land

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well you can't compare Harden or T-Mac to the Dream who dominated both sides of the ball and is GOAT at his position and had the least help of any top 10 player ever. So...agreed.

These aren't my Rockets though. They are Leslie's wannabe NY China Rockets. I root for them because they play in my city, but they are just impostors. The real Houston Rockets died in 1996 with blue pajamas and dildos with teeth.

tinman likes this.
  15. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Technically he did go to the finals with the Spurs, you know damn well T-mac was a beast against the Mavericks in the playoffs, he put up 30.7 pts 6.7 asts 7.4 rebs with better shooting% than Harden ever has with the Rockets in the playoffs, not to mention he played great defense on Dirk who had struggled mostly in the series, but because of Cuban/Donahuey & the Mavericks having more depth they pulled it out.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

So we rockets fans glorify tmac s regular season win vs the Spurs, while Spurs fans get to enjoy championships.

The Spurs built their championship teams like the old Rockets . While the Rockets wanted big name free agents

Caesar likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

The mavericks beat us by 40 points in game 7
    Saw it with lots of die hard fans
    Silence

18. jcmoon

this is his best response.....we have no business even being in that game 7 without him, it's all his fault, right? the mavs were the better team. ummm, i think we saw the game too bro.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jordan didnt have 8 first round exits and 0 second round appearance.

Rockets made the second round just fine once Tmac decided to sit at home.

Thanks for playing.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's the Leslie way. Chasing free agents and big names to build because he was lucky he took over the Rockets team that was already built through draft and small trades. He should have stopped at the Drexler trade but ruined our depth for barkley and then kept going and going with Quitten. Not that I didn't love Barkley, but I still wish we kept Horry and Cassell and made other small trades and kept drafting well. It's certainly fun swinging at everything, but you're going to strike out more than get hits much less homeruns(sorry I don't know baseball so I don't know why I used that as a reference).