1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Chandler have a shot at the All-Star game this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gil, Dec 25, 2013.

1. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Would you trade off an extra 1.2 points per 36 minutes for just 50%/38% shooting?

2. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Hakeem at Center

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

To expand, your West All Stars will include:

Those are 13 that are almost guaranteed. That leaves 1 spot and then any replacement spots.
    I think Parsons would be a great argument/debate along with others guys not on this list which would include:

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No....you don't want him to make the Allstar team. Why? He will be cheaper to re-sign.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't know or care about all stars. But I'm beginning to subscribe to the thought of Parsons being the final piece in a big three. He's been consistently playing at a near elite level. I'm ready to see what happens when teams really start to key in on him.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

swap anthony davis with lillard.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree that he is the 2nd best SF in the west. Having said that, I think KD is the only natural SF on the west squad this season. Coaches will make the team PF heavy IMO.

Like others have said there is likely to be 2 centers D12 and Cousins 1 SF KD and 4 PF's Love, LMA, Dirk and Blake Griffin. That's 7 front court players. That leaves 6 back court players Curry, CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Harden and the last spot will either go to Monte Ellis or KlaynThompson.

8. crash5179

I think Dillard and Davis will both be on the sophomore team

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Nah. Love, Aldridge, Griffin, Durant, Nowitzki, Cousins, DH12 are 7 forwards/centers I can think of off the top of my head. The west is so stacked with guards thereb will have to be 5.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are people of the mindest (and i agree) nobody on a terrible team should be an all-star, so no DeMarcus Cousins

But that still leaves 7 frontcourt players clearly ahead of Parsons,my personal pecking order

1.Durant
    2.Aldridge
    3.Howard
    4.Griffin
    5.Nowitzki
    6.Love
    7.Davis
    8.Parsons
    9.Lee
    10.Batum
    11.Ibaka
    12.Randolph

You can debate after Davis, I would have Parsons next. They will probably take 7 frontcourt players, If there are a few injuries he will have a chance, but no way straight up. If we improve our record his chances will go up greatly.

11. crash5179

Being on a crappy team does not typically keep players off of the all-star team so omitting Cousins because he is on the Kings holds little value with reality in this discussion.

What I think should happen is players should be selected to their positions not based on front court or back court. But since my opinion towards that topic has no value in this discussion since it's about what you think will happen, not what you think should happen.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

In the last 15 years tell me how many players were selected (not fan voted) to the all-star game from terrible teams.

The east is forced to take players from bad teams.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

From the west i meant

14. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not after that haircut

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I think if anything, being on a terrible team may push back your 1st All Star game appearance back by one year. You may not get the full recognition right away, but eventually, its hard to deny certain players.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Lillard will get in as guards. Goran Dragic should be with Phoenix' record. Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, Ty Lawson, Isiah Thomas are all right there. Tony Parker is as good as the guys that will get in, but Pop's belief in saving his players hurts his numbers.

Also Nicholas Batum gets left out. Parsons shoots a better overall 53% vs 47%, but both shoot the 3 at 40% with Batum taking 1.5 more per game. Parsons averages more points, but Batum averages more assists and rebounds by almost 2 per game. I don't watch Portland games so I don't know who is more valuable. I guess Parsons wins by PER with 17.5 to 17.2.

17. crash5179

2012 All-Star Team included:

Kevin Love from a 26 win Minnesota team

Lamarcus Aldridge from a 28 win Portland team

Steve Nash from a 33 win Phoenix team.

I guess I didn't need to go back very far to prove that players from crappy teams do get picked for all-star teams, even in the West. 3 players in on year. None of those three were starters.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

T-Wolves were 17-17 at the break

Blazers were 18-16 at the break

Suns were 14-20 at the break (12-15 when he was actually selected)

So try again, it was the lockout season

19. crash5179

Ha ha. Don't be a sore loser. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin both made it in 2011 as well off of crappy 17 win and 32 win teams as well. Non starters

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

KD was the only SF last season. No chance Parsons makes it.