1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Barry spell the end of Novak and Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FFz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I really wish we would trade him - he was awful last year. Adelman must have had flashbacks to several years earlier when Bobby wasn't as bad.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If Barry can play like he did in the 06 season, he'll fill a lot of deficiencies we have at PG and SG. Bye bye, Head and Novak. You are nothing but trade bait now.

3. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

I 'm sorry but i still have to say that your have underestimate franchise.Steve used to be our franchise player, i appreciate his slam dunks ,his fantastic dribble ,and his ambition for victory.Steve should never be traded ,but Dawson made a wrong decision 4 yrs ago.I hope morey not step into the same gap this year.Francis is contributing to our team even sitting on the bench ,he can attract more attention because he is Francis.
    Francis was a super ,is a super and will have been a super star for a long long time till retiring from nba.Francis is still our no.1 roster and would prove anyone who underestimates his ability wrong.

4. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I don't know if Novak will get cut because i saw some brilliance in his game last year. I'll be patient with him and see what this guy can do before deciding to dump him or not.

As for Luther Head, to me, this guy has to go. We've given him enough minutes to prove his abilities. In his first year, i was pretty impressed with his guy. I thought he was going to be a sharp shooter in this league for a long time. Unfortunately, after JVG was fired, he lost his rythm and was not a factor at all during the playoffs. I think Head is for sure gone by Nov 1st.

5. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

Sad to see both of them go, but one of them will have to pack his bags in the Rockets locker room.

Novak has time to develop, while Head has the experience. Even I don't know who should be traded.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah - but there's a reason Kapono got 6mill a season for 5...

your description = hen's teeth?

7. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I hope so...

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm surprised so many people want to see Hayes gone when the only other PF are Scola/Landry and we don't know if Landry has knees that can handle the NBA for more than two dozen games. Granted, if a great trade comes available you take it but packaging Hayes and scrubs for a bench player isn't a great idea IMO.

9. Tornadoofsoul6

Wrong decision?......

10. H-town_playa2k2

By that, if we would kept that nucleus, we wouldve got better. We aint made it pass the first round since and now were more boring to watch cause of that trade.

11. The_Nine_Gates

Personally, I think Novak is just fine as a 3rd string SF. It's actually great to have a guy like that in your 3rd string that can come in at the end of the game when you need a 3.

Luther Head on the other hand has to go. It's a miracle this guy has even made it to the NBA. I've never seen a 6-3 SG without any basketball skills whatsoever other than stand alone, wide open spot shooting, which he can only do in the regular season because in the playoffs when players rotate out he can't even do that, never seen such a scrub make it 3 years in a good team's rotation before.

He really truly does absolutely positively suck.

12. blender

blender Member

Head will be insurance for McGrady and Barry, who both are apt to miss some games with injuries. Ideally, Head will get some minutes at the 2 during the regular season to keep McGrady and Barry fresh for the playoffs, then watch from the bench when the postseason begins.

There's no need to trade him now unless it's for higher value and need. And given his poor performance during the playoffs, I doubt there's much of a market for him at this point anyway.

13. The_Nine_Gates

I think Luther makes about $2 million this year.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Rockets are stupid if they decided to trade Novak. Do you people know how old Barry is?

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If the Rockets fail to get an agreement with Deke or a replacement for him,I expect both Novak and Head to be retained.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, the reason is Toronto foolishly overpaid. Go back and read any review of that signing and you will see that it was unanimously criticized as a poor value for Toronto. They got caught with a handful of money, needed a 3 point shooter and the market was very very slim for them that year so they overpaid.

I wouldn't use a player's pay stub as an example of how good they are. The fact is there are some teams that are better run than others and sometimes GMs just make bad decisions. But I wouldn't use that as a grounds to prove the value of a specific role player - especially one dimensional ones in the Novak/Kapono mold.