1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Barry spell the end of Novak and Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FFz, Jul 10, 2008.

1. FFz

FFz Member

Barry's a more experienced player. He's a better shooter. Better passer. We're loaded at the bigs. And check out our projected roster... Lets face it Head has given us nothing and Novak even less (besides that sweet game winner).

Starting 5
    AB
    SF
    BJ
    Greene
    Dorsey
    Landry
    Barry
    Mutombo
    Head
    Hayes
    Novak
    Then you got the ppl that we know aren't going to be here: Harris and Woods

We can only have 15, so unless morey pulls some magic between now and november 1st we're going to have to let 3 ppl go. My guess: Harris, woods, novak.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My guess is Harris, Woods, and Francis get cut if there aren't any trades between now and the beginning of the season.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Head's days are more or less numbered, but with the questionable durability of the guys in front of him (Tracy, Barry), I wouldn't dump him yet.

And Greene is more likely to spell the end of Novak. If Greene can show some ability to drain open threes, then Novak will be gone.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Either Head or Novak will probably be gone. Novak possibly more likely than Head
    as you have pointed out FFz. Getting another 2nd round pick could be useful.

5. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

I doubt Francis gets cut. Novak, Harris, or Head will most likely be gone before the season starts.

6. AAAproduction1

i see a big trade

7. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

trade luther head, he still has good trade value. so i wouldnt just dump him. i mean he is pretty good player before the postseason start.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Barry might make Head better. Having Barry running the point but guarding SGs could help Head out.

9. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I have a feeling we are going to have a trade that involves Head and Hayes for a expiring contract or a 2 for 1 deal.

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Good list, but I can't see Scola, Landry, Dorsey & Hayes making it if we sign Deke.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Get rid of both of them.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope barry gives us at least 2 full productive seasons. On the high side, I will take 2 really productive seasons, 2 productive seasons, 1 so-so season.

k. 5 yrs with barry. :eek:

13. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Why the heck are ya'll assuming we are gonna keep francis. he's done. There is nothing that he can provide to this team that no one else on it can. what's the point of carrying a guy who is going to be out all season than having a healthy 15 players.

Harris > Francis at this point.

14. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup on occasion of TMac, Barry, Battier, Novak and Yao. That should create tons of room for TMac and Yao to operate.

15. LoveRoxHateJazz

Without Novak, the WFC 2.0 would not exist.

The answer is no.

....Luther makes 1.2 million. What's the point of cutting him. If we did aqcuire 2 more players, it would be a close call between Head and Deke.

Unless we send Greene to the D League.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

for reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

They just reuped Novak. He is not getting cut. traded maybe but not cut. When Morey was talking about Novak he referred to him as a valuable asset. He didn't refer to him as a part of the future but rather as someone who had value. Value for what? I think they see novak as someone who would be wanted in a possible trade.

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Even if he really is "done." He's still a 2.6 million expiring contract. He's still considered an asset.

19. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Yes...PLEASE!

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hope so. Well, I say Keep Novak because hes still more NBA ready than Greene.