1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know what happened to Royce White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by greenteaman, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

First game is the 23rd. I expect he'll be sent down around the 21st.

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Answer is simple:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3zgQGfBOnh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So what exactly is going on? :confused::confused:

I've read three things in this thread.

1) He had a migraine.
    2) Random Tweet.
    3) He said wow after seeing the media surround Jeremy and James.

So other than this, where is the article that talks about Royce being nervous about being at the game or something? I'm just really confused at a bunch of talk that seems to be guesses as to what is going on with Royce.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

You are right about a lot of people guessing on what is going on with Royce. There is a lot of frustration about the rookies not getting any playing time. people blame McHale for Jones not playing. White has taken heat for his not playing.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

white picked the prefect time to make a seen. The D-League will start soon, and it's not like the guy was gonna play anyway.

6. kinein

kinein Member

Good post minus the sarcasm, minus the outrage, and minus the anger.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I heard today that players can be sent to D League starting Nov 7th.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Is Kevin McHale being sent down there to coach?

1 person likes this.
  9. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

LOL, the ability to send coaches to the Dleague should be implemented as Stern's last move before he retires.

10. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

11. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

12. Code Red

Code Red Member

I really want to see Terrance Jones play...He's athletic and was doing really well in the preseason. A little shocked that this team consists of young players and new faces and the one guy who showed the most potential in the preseason games has yet to get a minute of playing time. :(

13. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

Serious. McHale should spend about 10 years there learning how to coach. Oh, and to run a offense. But I bet he'll find a player he likes and just run ISO hero ball with everyone getting out of the way every play in the D-league as well.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Royce missed the bus.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am not sure why there is so much negativity about a kid who is successfully battling a flying phobia. Is it because he is articulate? Or is it because he is a loyal team mate? Or is it because his upside is so high??

White is a Rocket. And a rookie. If you can't give the kid a break, then give him some time for God's sake. He has yet to play a minute and he is being blamed for everything but Armaggedon.

16. DDuana

DDuana Member

This. /End thread :grin: .

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I didn't blame Royce for anything. I just said that Royce picked a really good time to goof off, because he was not going to play regardless of what he did.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If you see this bus and either of these two guys driving, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. :grin:

[​IMG]

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For the record, I'm not injured... Not even a little bit. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Truth">#Truth</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/267471361256067073" data-datetime="2012-11-11T03:38:36+00:00">November 11, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It comes off as harmless, but I really hope Royce doesn't take to Twitter to make snarky comments that do nothing but hurt his chances. Remember T-Will? Dude talked himself out of a spot on this team.

Royce needs to shut up and earn his spot.

20. jogo

jogo Member

Totally agree. I can't tell if that's snarky or not but it could be construed that way. Morris might have had similar pouty issues last year. Shut up, Royce, practice hard, and play well in the D league. You'll get your shot.