1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does anyone follow the MLS?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Elliott03, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

watching the scottish and English premier league is my favorite thing to do next to watching the Rockets, but I cant even get remotely interested in the MLS. I know the quality isnt very high but im usually happy watching any football (soccer) games.

does anyone here follow it and what are the chances of houston getting a franchise after the US's performance in the past World Cup?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The same chance i have with Anna.

NIL

3. The Voice of Reason

I follow MLS

Houston, like other cities will just have to wait till a wealthy owner steps up and drops the cash. that is cash on the franchise, and cash on a stadium.

the league has been trying to get into better soccer specific or at least soccer friendly stadiums. this means winde fielsm all grass, no football lines, and not a monster like LA playes in. something in the 30,000 seat range

4. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

I think that Houston getting an MlS team would make me more interested because i am a huge fan of any houston sports franchise. A soccer team in houston that I could go and watch would be great.