1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Anyone Else Get Horrible Oiler Flashbacks?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if kubiak was within arms reach of me at this exact second i would punch him.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

We should make a big list of Houston Sports disappointments.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Too time consuming; and you would miss several anyway.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

easier just to list the accomplishments and be done w it... would take you all of 30 seconds

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do we include the Aeros and Comets?

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is what we get...Houston is such a freaking soft a$$ media market and our fan base are too bandwagon-y...Matt Jackson was on the air last week about a question posed by one media member asking a Texans player about the team ruining Christmas of fans in the city of Houston.
    I wish we get more people ripping our team. We get national spotlight and we stink up the joint. Think about it. We had 3 primetime games this season, and all we have to show is barely beating Chicago??? and getting blown out in the other two games... Our media is way to soft, our fans are too bandwagon like, and our teams find ways to choke on the biggest stage and disrespect our city.

Forget Cleveland, Houston deserves the title of Heartbreak/choke city. Having 3 major league sports teams and only the Rockets have delivered on titles that was almost 20 years ago to the date. What about the Astros, Oilers/Texans. The city, this state is known for Football and Baseball, but we have nothing to show for it. Im so mad, bc i know we are gonna be playing a hot Cincy team next week and we most likely are gonna be one and done...and I cant do anything about it.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Thanks Texans for not showing up again. I don't even know what to say, just so depressed.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

There is nothing more stupid than blaming fans when a team doesn't win a big game on the road.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kubiak is checking the Clutchfans game thread on his smart phone during the game. ;)

10. solid

THANK YOU! And I repeat for the umpteenth time on this board, there are no bandwagon fans on this board, they wouldn't be posting. They jumped ship eight years ago.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

@solid, max

Im just mad guys...i wish our media would rip players and coaching...bc thats what most of us are feeling right about now...to tear a new one into our team...Feel like buying an page Ad on the Houston Chronicle("Please dont choke again, Houston pro-sports teams" sincerely passionate Houston Sports fans #Texans #Rockets #Astros)

12. solid

Know how you feel. I am trying to think back and I know the Oilers had some bad teams, but I just can't remember this level of "non competitiveness." I remember incompetence but I always respected teams that fought hard even though they were undermanned. The Texans just seem to quit. Huge turn off for fans.

13. TheresTheDagger

I call it what it is.

Gutless.

14. MadMax

Just read a tweet quoting Duane Brown as saying the knew it was a big game but the intensity just wasn't there.

That's the kind of statement that makes me question why I give a damn about pro sports at all.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows, ladies.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/18/sports/bengals-rub-oilers-noses-in-turf-61-7.html

17. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

You're forgetting a certain university just south of Downtown Houston. How many times does the Lorenzo Charles/Jimmy V highlight get replayed? UH has come close to playing in major bowls and winning national titles in football but always have one game that screws the pooch.

18. conquistador#11

this is all on you guys! I hope you guys go back and look at the tape!

19. MadMax

No doubt. But our history of futility in pro sports in Houston is matched really only by a few other cities. I'd like it to be rainbows occasionally. No real rainbows to point at in Houston's NFL history.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The pollution in this city causes all our of teams to chhhoooookkkkkkeeeeeee