1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anybody watch fails?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Jan 13, 2014.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Member

Videos of hilarious wipe-outs, screw ups, and stupidity in general. If you find humor in people getting injured doing stupid stuff, this is for you. YouTube has a plethora of these. Some are funnier than others. And they're plenty of monthly or yearly compilations as well. It's just something to use to pass the time. For example:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y7jrew8kS7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is just one of many. Some of them are freaking comical. This is my type of humor. Don't judge me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q_ZdsUp4Vb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^
    This ones pretty good.

BTW, poor squirrel

[​IMG]

#1 roxxfan, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Shouldn't this thread be titled: "We're WHITE. Let's show our FAIL compilation videos."??? :confused:

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

what are you driveling about?

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

^ You know what I'm talking about. Don't play like you don't know. :rolleyes:

Do you see any latinos/Hispanics or black people in those movies? Well, do you?

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

you have to be the most sensitive poster on this board. i find it pretty ridiculous that you'd make something like this about race.

6. roxxfan

roxxfan Member

okkayy.....

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Want to prove me wrong? Neither of you are denying it. I find it pretty hilarious you can't.

FINE. here's one of "OUR" most famous fail:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/b89CnP0Iq30?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/b89CnP0Iq30?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:p

1 person likes this.
  8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

i'm not denying that the videos are mostly of white people, but why do you care? is the mix of asians and white people in a couple fail videos not racially diverse enough for you, or did you just feel the need to hijack a thread? i just don't understand why you're making an issue out of this

#8 fallenphoenix, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

It's not an issue. Y'all are making it that. I simply pointed out it's white folks doing dumb things, is all. Y'all want to post more and ignore my statement, go ahead. OR, just prove me wrong, men. There's no issue here but the one YOU ALL make. So I posted about BEANS for all of us Mexicans... no one made an issue of that. Go on. Continue. :p

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

fun for everyone :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eQxqdvpd_U4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Let's make a video of this thread and upload it to YouTube. We can title it "Mexican FAIL". That should appease Swoly.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/twdpYiW6B8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Uprising

Uprising Member

WTF....that reporter in the first video.

Was he talking about a missing 20 year old girl like that? Holy ****.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You should YouTube search "TNL"

They put together the best fail complications. Brutal ones, they've actually been taken down by YouTube

16. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Member

"Schadenfreude Listeni/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ (German: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is a loanword from German. The literal English translation is 'Harm-Joy'. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages."

"A New York Times article in 2002 cited a number of scientific studies of schadenfreude, which it defined as, "delighting in others' misfortune." Many such studies are based on social comparison theory, the idea that when people around us have bad luck, we look better to ourselves. Other researchers have found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem."

"Brain-scanning studies show that schadenfreude is correlated with envy in subjects. Strong feelings of envy activated physical pain nodes in the brain's dorsal anterior cingulate cortex; the brain's reward centers, such as the ventral striatum, were activated by news that the people envied had suffered misfortune. The magnitude of the brain's schadenfreude response could even be predicted from the strength of the previous envy response"

source: wikipedia

17. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

That's been proven to be a fake video.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

As a male, the squirrel pic in the OP made me cringe.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

umm mexico is one colossal fail

1 person likes this.