1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anybody understand Cricket?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Aug 14, 2005.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

and that has to be the single most biased piece of crap written by anyone ever. what else can you expect from a pakistani journalist though? :rolleyes:

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

One thing I absolutely love about casually following cricket are the newspaper accounts from India, Pak & SL which use the flowery South Asian/Victorian English. Here's a us wire snippet:

Here's what the Times of India would probably say about it.

Anyway some crazy stuff yesterday at the ashes, I saw an England bowler make two straight outs on two straight pitches yesterday - which I've like never seen ever, in my weeks of cricket watching, and Shane Warne went down on one ball. Then the last Australia batter hit one literally out of the park that allegedly went 120 yards. steroids?

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Getting a little sensative are we? I think I've struck a nerve. I hope Pakistan and India meet in the next World Cup. India's flame is burning low and the depressing thing is that they never were that good on a world scale.

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

Nah, not sterioids.

The rest of the world actually test for sterioids. ;)

5. R0ckets03

Why would I be sensitive? We are the ones that are 4-0.

India is never that good on a world scale? :rolleyes: India might not be playing that well right now, but the World Cup is still two years away. They weren't playing well before the last World Cup, but managed to make it to the Finals after ****ing Pakistan in the ass.

The reason I might seem a little testy with Pakistanis is because they are the Laker version over cricket. The only difference is you guys haven't done crap ever. You guys are so freakin blind and think cricket is God's gift to that crappy country. Claim to be the biggest fans in cricket and yet your attendance was absolutely pathetic in India's last tour of Pakistan.

We might have lost a few matches to Paki this year in India, but atleast we are not some freakin bandwagoners. We show up in wins or losses.

Our flame is burning low? right....and Pakistan is setting the world on fire? :rolleyes: India and Pakistan cannot meet in the regular rounds as they are both set up different brackets. The only way they can meet is if they both make the Super Eight stage. And you better hope Pakistan does not meet India. Because we will do to you guys what we have been doing the last 4 times.

6. don grahamleone

So I did strike a nerve. Excellent. Get used to losing to Pakistan.

7. R0ckets03

LOL! Thats funny. I wont bother explaining what 4-0 means or the fact that we won both the test and ODI series against Pakistan in Paki last year. You are literally too dumb to argue with. Maybe you should consider moving back there?

8. don grahamleone

I knew exactly what you were talking about when you said 4-0, but that doesn't change the result of this last series. What did you expect me to say say, "Oh, 4-0, I'll shut up now because Pakistan is obviously inferior"???

I guess you've run out of things to say because you've lowered yourself to insulting my intelligence. It must suck to be an upstart that wouldn't know creativity if it slapped you in the face. I'll stop my insults with the ones directed at you.

I don't want to insult India because I like Indians and I'm not a prejudice person. You're walking a fine line of racism when you make remarks like 'consider moving back there'. I don't know if that was your intention, but taking a fun cricket argument and turning the argument into racist statements is not cool.

Seriously think about it before you make statements in anger, yaar. There aren't many Pakistanis on this website so CLUTCH and crew won't care, but if you said something like that about Mexico or China you'd be kicked off of this site. Your statement was inappropriate. I'll leave it at that. Stop the racism.

9. R0ckets03

Thanks for your lesson in morality. But cricket is a religion and I could care less what happens to me on this board. :rolleyes:

Pakistan might have won the ODI in India, but it was still a draw in Test. We won both, ODI's and Test in Pakistan.

4-0!

10. don grahamleone

At this point you are pissing me off enough that I almost hope you make some statement like that about China on this board when you get angry again. Although, you'll probably say something in everyday life that will come back to haunt you and I, unfortunately, won't be there to get the satisfaction of seeing your ass handed to you.

When I pointed your statement out I was really hoping that you were not eluding to the direction of racism, but your blatant disregard to my reply tells me that you are another ignorant human being that doesn't care about anything that doesn't effect you personally.

As much as this country likes to preach to the world about equality and basic human rights, Pakistanis and other countries with similar background don't get that respect because of 9/11. You are part of that problem. Feel lucky now because you have a free pass for your racist comments, but it will catch up to you if you don't change your ways because this country will evolve to accept eventually. Also feel lucky that the crew and posters that monitor the clutch bbs don't mind racism when it's not black, white, hispanic or chinese.

Get used to losing to Pakistan, there are more losses coming your way.

11. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

Whats up with your 4-0 statement. You sound just like those Lakers fan. They have the same thing to say. You know Pakis beat yall in the last series when yall were up 2-0 in the series. Just like lakers fan, when you know Rockets are better than Lakers, they will say that they won 3 tittles. You can't ignore the present by keep bringing up the past. You know that Rockets are better, and you can say that by looking at the standings. You can do the same and look at the cricket standing where pakistan is better than India.

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

:confused: :rolleyes:

Team Matches Points Rating
    1 Australia 33 4382 133
    2 England 32 3635 114
    3 India 27 2998 111
    4 South Africa 35 3517 100
    5 New Zealand 26 2598 100
    6 Sri Lanka 24 2354 98
    7 Pakistan 26 2474 95

http://www.icc-cricket.com/test/

"Test cricket is the longest form of the sport of cricket. It is regarded by many players and fans as the ultimate test of playing ability (as compared to One-day International cricket)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_cricket

13. R0ckets03

Guess I struck a nerve....who is the sensitive one now? :rolleyes:

And what the hell have I said that is so freakin racist? I don't think I said anything wrong, but if I offended you I am sorry.

90% of my friends are Pakis, my wife is Paki, and a whole bunch of my family members are Pakis. And they obviously dont think I am racist towards Pakistans. I don't think one can be "racist" against Pakis to begin with. "Pakistan" is not a race. :rolleyes:

I love how you keep claiming "get used to lost to Pakistan". You guys beat us in one ODI series for crying out loud!!!!!! If that is what makes you so happy I actually feel sad for you. When it really matters we are 4-0, once again that is 4-0

England I believe just beat Australia in a test series. Does that mean England is a better team then Australia? :rolleyes:

Pakistan does have a better head to head record against India all time. But as I have previously stated, if you even remotely follow cricket you know Pakistan has been proved to bribe the officials in the Sharjah Cup. Its been proven. The World Cup is the most important match and we are 4-0.

And what kind of bull**** are you talking about Rocketfire? Pakistan beat us in one series the last time so they are better? I guess England is also better the Australia? And if Laker fans keep bringing up the past it is their right. Historically they are better then the Rockets and no Rocket fan can deny that. Just like India is better then Pakistan historically and no dumb Paki fan can deny that.

Read mulletmans post...and oh yeah just in case you Pakis forget...

4-0 CHODUS!!!!!

14. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

wonder if lambert plays cricket

15. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

England have not won the series yet, McGrath is due to return for the 5th match which will decide the series.

16. don grahamleone

So, explain this to me Bahan Chod, what did you mean when you said that I should consider moving back there? If I'm stupid would I do better by living in Pakistan? If you think you weren't saying anything wrong then use a line like that in front of your wife. You won't have sex for a year gaandoo. Fumb Duck.

Get used to losing. And quit bring up old **** like paying off judges and previous world cups. That's a losers mentality.

17. R0ckets03

Yeah I'm the ignorant one that is constantly coming up with personal attacks. You started the whole thing by calling me a "gandu" then a "bahan Chod" then "gandoo" again and then a "Fumb Duck".

I love it that I am pissing you off. I am just sitting here laughing at your sorry ass. Why should I get used to losing? Give me one good reason? You are the one that needs to get used to losing. I am not bringing up old crap. I am bringing up the last World Cup. You know the one where Pakistan got their asses handed to them.

Can a Mavs fan bring up the last playoffs to a Rocket fan? If yes then I can bring up the last World Cup. Or any other World Cup for that matter. Cause you know what "bahan chod"? We are 4-0 "Fumb Duck".

Is it racist to tell a Mavs fan to move back to Dallas because he is stupid? I dont think so buddy. So how am I racist to tell a Pakistani fan to move back to Pakistan (which is not even a freakin race "gandoo")?

You are so full of yourself its not even funny. Actually on second thought its pretty damn hilarious. I didn't know Paki fans were so desperate and glad about winning those four in a row in India. If something so insignificant makes you happy then I am glad the Indians brought some joy to your life. We just care about the ultimate prize...in which case if you don't realize we are 4-0.

Are you getting that through your head. Let me explain more clearly. India and Pakistan play in this super important tournament called the World Cup. Its not the soccer one. There is a different one for cricket. Oh yes there is. And in this tournament India and Pakistan have played each other a total of four times. India beat Pakistan the first time. India beat Pakistan the second time. India beat Pakistan the third time. And of course India beat Pakistan the fourth time. That is 1+1+1+1 = 4. So thats 4-0.

Why am I getting used to losing again? That is a 0 (zero) next to the 4-0. That 0 (zero) does not stand for you IQ (even though I bet its pretty damn close). That 0 (zero) stands for the number of victories Pakistan has against India in the World Cup. And last time I checked, 4-0 in our favor means we have not lost. So if we have not lost I dont have to "get used to losing".

Who is pissing off who now? :D

18. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

LOL, Also i was comparing the standings of the one day matches not the Test series. I picked the one day standings because your friend kept bringing up 4-0 in the one day matches.

19. don grahamleone

I was reading your post as if it was an Indian accent. It makes it funnier.

As far as personal insults go, bring them on, but be a bit more creative. It gets pretty boring when you just say something like, "You're literally too stupid to argue with." You probably thought you were real clever when you thought of that one didn't you? Maybe laugh all by yourself with a little pride?

That was lame. You can do better than that. Take the one, slightly creative word out of the sentence and it becomes this: You're too stupid to argue with.
    It's basically saying, "You're stupid." That kind of insult is rather childish and to try to beef the insult up by adding a few words is doing an injustice to all slanders. Try this, "I thought rocks were inept, but you've taken the stupidity level to a whole new realm of dense. Talk to me when your team wins something because right now you don't have a leg to stand on."

You just dropped a card that doesn't trump anything and become satisfied. You've insulted yourself by not taking the time and care to 'hand it to me' properly. Frankly, you've insulted insults. Insults have worked so hard over the years to shut people up and all you've done is start a fight with me.

Please, for all those who are reading this, explain what you meant by "consider....."????? You seem to be avoiding the question. Why is that? Jackhole.

20. don grahamleone

ROckets03, sorry about bringing up the race card over and over again. Don't answer that last question of the post previous to this one. I'll just trust that you weren't trying to say that Pakistan is full of idiots like me. However, your insults still leave something to be desired!

This is not an offer of a truce, but I think I took the racism thing a little too far. Just let it be known to all those who read this post that India will make a poor showing in WC 2007. Pakistan will win it all.