1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hard not to agree with you here. How scummy are the dodgers that they're letting him start, too?

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

no man, don’t sell yourself short. You don’t wait for things to unfold, you just champion women because they’re women. What other reason do you need? We should all be more like you. Why wait, just give her her millions now and throw him in prison. We don’t need any more info.

3. vince

vince Member

Bauer, the idiot for brains pulls out his alibi, “the texts”. And the Judge & jury will laughs in his face as they hand out a sentence.

I used to feel sorry for this supposed student of the game. He claimed he was a guy who worked his but off, yet seemed always to be second fiddle to Cole; who just pranced around with his God Given talent so nonchalantly….

Bauer’s true color of toxic green just came out… I guess all his rage focused on a seemingly random stranger he just met on his Instagram. Bauer’s rage was just too real, this isn’t fun and games anymore.

#203 vince, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Damn, at first I just thought you were exposing yourself as a proud contrarian who always assumed women who claimed to be abused are liars. But you actually just exposed yourself as that plus exposing that you cannot read. Tough break for you bud.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He's not going to face any actual punishment.

He'll be suspended for a full calendar year and then reinstated as if nothing ever happened.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

exposed myself as what? Someone who likes to see all the facts come forward first before passing judgment? Yeah I should work on that.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Bauer was just put on administrative leave by MLB. He will miss his next start. Better late than never, but this should have happened days ago. Hopefully the police investigation will have an answer of whether they intend to charge him within the next 7 days, although that’s probably asking too much. His leave will probably be extended until the police conclude their criminal investigation.

HTXSportsAddict and vince like this.
  9. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Reading the account it sounds like something out of Fifty Shades of Grey. I guess he is Fifty Shades of Bauer

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

For all we know she coulda gone home and had her boyfriend beat her up and then went to the police. We just don’t know anything yet. It could actually be a scam. Probably not, but we don’t know yet. The internet is a crazy place. You have to look at all possibilities. Obviously, we have some knee jerk posters on here who will act like they don’t like that idea but I guarantee the police will be investigating all angles and possibilities.

If he actually punched her and sodomized her after choking her unconscious, then of course he needs to go to jail. Nobody would argue that. It may not have happened that way. We will see.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It will be revealed that she and her boyfriend are Astros fans, and they were trying to setup Bauer. Media will blame Astros culture.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

When CRAZY PEOPLE do CRAZY THINGS and then get together, CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN. Nothing about this story sounds like there was an innocent victim .

Tomstro likes this.
  13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i'm actually amazed that none of the headlines about him have mentioned the Astros. When the angles had that clubhouse guy who was doctoring baseballs for pitchers, it was always an Astro in the headline.

14. Screaming Fist

I don't know, this seems to be potentially a more serious crime than the Ozuna/Osuna/Chapman incidents. A basilar skull fracture is a pretty serious injury and it sounds like all of her injuries have been documented and she's fully cooperating with the police.

15. vince

vince Member

I get the disdain for just trusting what a woman says while disregarding the facts! In a lot of parts of the worlds, such as Israel, India, Spain, etc., all a woman has to say is an accusation, and the man will spend years trying to disprove a negative; and a man's word vs. a woman's word is most definitely not equal in many courts. I have family that live overseas, and lawyers advise women who are getting divorced to always claim the man hit the children, weather true or not, because a fake allegation can't hurt women, but it could come in useful in the final negotiations of the divorce. Men are feeling the injustice from suicide rates, vastly disproportionate higher education rates, homelessness rates at record highs, dismissal of men's concerns by media/institutional/government etc...

With the Osuna situation, I don't think there was any documentary evidence of any injuries consistent with him hitting her, other than her word. I seem to remember that that confrontation was more-so, where she was beating/hitting him, and he held grabbed her arms, and caused her some bruising where he had to keep from pummeling on him. (This is news to me, if you are getting punched and scratched by a woman, if you restrain her from punching you (and you are a man), by holding her hand against her will, you've already physically abused her - my mind was blown when I found that out!!!) So, in my opinion, this was why the Astros felt very confident that Osuna would beat the case, and he did - even in Canada where the word of a woman is exponentially more admissible as evidence than the word of a man.

With that said, both Bauer and this woman both agree that he pummeled her. Both agree that they had rough sex. He thinks the events as described by him and her are normal. She say's its rape! This isn't her word against his word. It's more like his warped sense or reality vs. her view of the event. (By law - if a man and a woman are having sex, and in the middle of the act, if she says stop, HE MUST STOP, or else it's rape. As and added FYI, if a man and woman are both drunk out of their A$$es, and they have sex, he would be committing rape if she chooses to press charges, even if they are mutually agreeing to sex while drunk - Some things just aren't fair, but that's what reasonable people do, they see what unfair, and slowly change it to be fair, but in the mean time, must abide by those rules....

I will end by saying that Bauer better be glad she didn't die in the act of all this, if not he would be facing manslaughter charges. When a professional athlete who is in tip-top shape; even by his own admission that he does everything possible to keep himself in peak condition, he could kill a person with a punch (hence Mr. Student of the game)...

16. Buck Turgidson

There's a whole lot of moving parts here, if you haven't read the MLB policy I posted, it's apparent that once MLB concludes its internal investigation (either 7 days or can be extended to 14 if the MLBPA agrees) the ball is in Manfred's court as to any further punishment.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

In other news. Dodgers were at the White House today. Joe Kelly has a very punchable face.

[​IMG]

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No disdain here. We just need to see it unfold before rushing to judgment.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...dodgers-investigation-assault-mlb/7843569002/

A lieutenant with the Pasadena Police Department said the investigation into allegations that Bauer assaulted a 27-year-old woman during two sexual encounters is “bigger than we thought.''

“We were looking into some things and we thought we were nearing the end,’’ Lt. Carolyn Gordon, who is overseeing the investigation, told USA TODAY Sports Friday. "We are not close to the end.

"This investigation is bigger than we thought. So we have to look a few more places. We want to try to uncover as much stuff as we can.''

Gordon said the police department has received new leads in the investigation that began about six weeks ago.

“I’m not going to reveal any of the information we’ve received," she said. “We have some things to look into. Some things have been uncovered and we want to continue our investigation."

Four legal experts told USA TODAY Sports that the pace of the investigation likely has been impacted by Bauer’s high profile. He is the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner who in February signed a three-year, $102 million contact with the Dodgers.

“If he weren’t Trevor Bauer, he’d be arrested already,’’ said Matthew Galluzzo, a former New York prosecutor who worked in sex crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney’s office.

Galluzzo, now a criminal defense attorney who represents victims of sex crimes, cited graphic photos that Bauer’s accuser said show injuries Bauer inflicted on her amount to “probable cause." The woman included the photos in her request for a temporary restraining order, which was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

“What’s striking to me is photos of her in that complaint with black eyes, and she says that (Bauer) hit her,’’ Galluzzo said. “I’m not sure why this is so complicated for the police. Normally speaking, if a woman has black eyes and says somebody hit her, there’s going to be an arrest.

“You wouldn’t normally expect there to be a long delay in making an arrest with these facts, honestly. To me it seems like he’s getting special treatment.’’

Gordon, the lieutenant with Pasadena Police Department, said she disagrees that Bauer’s celebrity has impacted the investigation.

“I think we’ve dealt with this investigation as we would any investigation,’’ she said. “There are facts that have come up in this investigation that we have to look into and that we’re willing to look into because we have to do our due diligence as investigators and that’s what we plan to do.

“So whether he’s a celebrity or not, there are certain things we have to look into and we want to complete our investigation. We don’t want to turn a case over to the district attorney and not complete an investigation.’’

Ambrosio Rodriguez, a former deputy district attorney in Los Angeles, said the district attorney's office will proceed cautiously.

“Criminal justice is always local," he said, “and the L.A. DA’s office has been burned more than once when arresting a celebrity.’’

In particular, Rodriguez said, O.J. Simpson being found not guilty in 1995 of the murders Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman continues to affect investigations and criminal cases involving other celebrities.

“That scar hasn’t healed,’’ Rodriguez said. “They are very careful about whether or not to arrest a celebrity without having all their ducks in a row.’’

[…]

Rock Block and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I guess the 1 benefit of them waiting is he wasn't going to be able to start anyways until Sunday, so waiting effectively cut into more playing time. Doubt this factored into their decision to wait though lol

Snake Diggit likes this.