1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Documentary film about IS(IS)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 18, 2014.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

ISIS is bad. I agree. Now what?

If you are comparing them to Hamas I disagree.

When you say you say you are critical of Israel is it of the Obama type? Occasional talk about both sides being at fault while keeping supplying weapons to Israel that are used to kill kids in Gaza.

2. glynch

Hopefully we can get past the hysteria and stop doing what has made things worse.

1) Cut the supply weapons to all sides in the Middle East. Just say no to welfare for our military industry. This means Israel, too. This means so called good rebels who wind up turning them over to ISIS type guys eventually. Let them use up their existing weapons if they must.

2) Get together with the other arms supplying countries on this, though we supply by far the most.

3) Put massive pressure on Israel to settle the Palestinian situation. Aren't you tired of being hated and having to spend trillions because they want to grab more land and have an ethnocracy?

#22 glynch, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  3. glynch

Are you guys going to fall for this again.? I saw on the ABC News Diane Sawyer begging with leading questions for Martha Raddatz their foreign correspondent to say that ISIS is a threat to the "Homeland" Note: I wonder when we had the official name change for the United States.

http://news.antiwar.com/2014/08/22/fbi-admits-no-credible-threats-to-us-from-isis/

US officials have been keen to build up the threat of ISIS to ever broader, ever more hysterical levels. Sen. James Inhofe (R – OK) even claimed they’re close to coming up with some secret way to wipe out an entire major US city.

The honest assessments aren’t nearly so alarmist, with the FBI conceding in a bulletin issued to local law enforcement today that there is no specific or credible threat of an ISIS terror attack on the US.

4. Nook

Nook Member

#1 I think anyone that thinks Israel at this point will or should be forced to leave is foolish. It isn't going to happen. Having said that, Israel should be forced to leave their settlements outside their borders.

#2 Is Hamas as bad as ISIS? No, but they are bad. I noticed you didn't address their recent decision to round up 20 Palestinians, without a trial and execute them in front of Mosques while letting their dead bodies lie in the street.

#3 If you don't think ISIS is a domestic threat, then you are naive. There are US citizens going to Syria and Iraq, training and fighting and coming back. The same thing in the UK. It IS a serious threat and has to handled. Fundamentalists are a serious threat.

#4 Does that mean rounding up all the American Muslims? Of course not. Muslims in America are very secular and in some cases don't even practice. However it does mean punishing those that go to Syria and Iraq and fight for ISIS.

5. glynch

Israel refuses to define its borders. Always has. Jews as I have said often should have the right to live in the area. I don't support a "jewish" state with the discrimination that implies. Aside from bogus statements occasionally Israel does not seem to want a two state solution. imho. Bantustans won't cut it.

Not cool in some ways, but be realistic. some people call the turkey shoot in Gaza a war. If we had traitors calling in strikes on our president and key leaders during the heat of war would we always be up for trials? If they had a trial Israel peering down from their drones would bomb any witnesses or officials on their lengthy assassination list. I suggest you youtube: Charlie Rose and Hamas if you don't wish to be so uniformed wrt to Hamas.

Is this a minor concern? Certainly. But compared to climate change, nuclear war, economic collapse, germs resistant to antibiotics? etc. etc. I think you need t concentrate on the size of our country and our strength to alieve your fear on possible returnees from Syria and Iraq? On the otherhand it is a good reason not to go over there and meddle in their affairs. Is it worth killing and killing hundreds of thousands when many experts think It just creates more terrorists? Continuing the stupid war on terror that is counterproductive? What do you call it when you do the same failed strategy over and over and expect different results?

Perhaps reasonable, but should we do the same with Americans who fight for Israel or Ukraine when they commit acts of terror. I think all these folks need to be screened for violent tendencies.

#25 glynch, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  6. treeman

treeman Member

This just got you off of my ignore list. I like common sense and honesty. Every once in a while, good things come of clicking on the red lines...

7. treeman

treeman Member

I see that glynch continues to be an active supporter of Islamic terrorism.

I will never understand how an atheist such as glynch would support it. He'd be the first they'd behead - he wouldn't even get his chances to convert.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's really unbelievable to read glynch's posts. Over the past 10 years, he has gone from a leftist with somewhat reasonable posts sometimes to a complete nutcase who supports Islamist murderers and terrorists.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you guys are straw manning glynch's position.

10. glynch

Look I cut them some slack. It must be frustrating when they put all their faith in guys like Bush and Cheney and in Treeman's case actually risked his life and there is no "Mission Accomplished". Their Global War on Terrorism keeps producing more terrorists than it kills and, sort of like the poor Israelis, 20th Century ethics means you can't just kill them all.

To make matters even worse they were raised to hate leftists who have been much more accurate on what would happen with their counterproductive efforts.

11. treeman

treeman Member

What other sort of argument does it deserve? He's insane. It's a waste of time even responding to him at this point.

You're on my ignore list. But I still click on your line every once in a while, because - while I know you've got some extreme positions an have a tendency (like me, BTW) to say some off the wall, out-there shiite, because I know that in the end you're not a complete loon and occasionally say things that make sense.

And yes, I am aware that you guys ee me the same way, roughly. Okey-dokey ;).

Glynch is simply bat$hit crazy and isn't worth clicking on. He's an active supporter of Islamic terrorism. I don't bother clicking on that red line anymore.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Treeman, seriously. Stop with the red line crap. No one cares about who you're ignoring or not, especially when you mention it every other post. Glynch is a lunatic, but just call him one or attempt to debate his points. That's all there is to it.

13. glynch

Yeah, anybody who questions our misguided war on terror that you disagree with
    is called a lunatic or a "terrorist", nuff said.

It is true your idols from Rush to Dubya have filled your heads with simplicities like "they hate us because of our freedom", I understand your frustration, but still...

#33 glynch, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would you like to go and hug some of the IS people?

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'm not a conservative, so I have no clue why you're going after Rush or Bush.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you at least have an idea as to why Glynch does Glynch things, I believe your words were

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't agree with everything glynch has to say, but you guys are still straw manning his position. He believes that Israel is as fallible as Hamas/Palestinians. I don't understand how that equates to "supporter of terrorism"?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hamas is a terrorist organization. glynch supports them.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

For those who have seen the documentary.... Is there gore? I don't want to watch beheadings :(....

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

When asked for his thoughts on the seizing and summary execution of 20 individuals without trial or evidence for being traitors, Glynch responded:

That about sums him up.

Glynch flowchart would be something like:

Terrible event occurs---->Did Jews do it?----->If no, deflect, if yes condemn