1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doctor says: "Yao Ming hit the rookie wall."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mycatuity, Jan 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

2. SLA

SLA Member

Doctor?

3. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

i cant tread chinese sorry they didnt teach it in high school!

4. fa7999

fa7999 Member

It says that Yao had a medical examination the day before the game against Milwakee. The doctors concluded that Yao is tired and needs more rest, and of course, he has hit the rookie wall.

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

There's a medical test for this?

6. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

He needs to sit out the easy games. He should think about smoking some weed. That is the best way to relieve stress. I bet he'd feel like a tiger the next day.

7. Truth

Truth Member

See, that's a problem. Because for the Rockets the "easy" games are the hard games. As much as I'd hate to see it, and even though it's not going to happen, I think Yao should forego the All-Star Weekend and just sleep the whole time. 3 full days of rest could work wonders for a overworked body.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Agreed. Steve and Cat are the top two players in minutes played. If our team is so "deep" why does it have to come down to the Big 3 at crunch time?

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Uh, most teams play their three best players during crunch time...

But Steve and Cat do play too many minutes in general. But hell, they're young kids and they really don't seem to tire all that much. If they want to play that many minutes, and they think they can handle it, I'm all for it. It's better than the alternative. (More Moochie!!!)

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You and me:- You have now labled yourself. Your advice to Yao Ming is bad and shows complete lack of understanding of Yao Mings character and person.

11. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

As much as he needs the rest Yao should NOT sit out any all-star game unless he has a LEGIT injury.

They guy has earned it. He should go there and enjoy it (if picked) and mingle with some of the greats of the game. What about these guys who sit out with fake injuries because they are tired of going? That's lame.

12. Truth

Truth Member

Uh, playing b-ball almost 2 straight years without a break is a LEGIT reason to sit out.

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

14. lovethisgametoo

I hate to say that but Rockets don't need a smoker no more.....it is even bad for a fan.....like you, did i say?

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

"I never did like that Dr. Stupid."

:D

16. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

Please don't turn this topic into one in the Jail Blazers' forum.

To me, play Yao 24 minutes a game maximum. It's good for both Yao and the team. Yao could rest for April (if we get there), and the team gets a better per minute production from Yao.

17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I generally do not post - just read up to hear the lastest and greatest - but I must speakabout people suggesting Yao should sit

he is freaking 22 and a professional athlete - he should be able to play (when I was 22 - I drank all night, got two hours sleep and went to class in the morning)

if he is really tired and drained and needs a break - let the MEDIA and the PR people give him a rest

we need him on the court as much as possible...

besides - how many times does he have to talk about what it is like playing in the NBA and if he is looking forward to playing Shaq ?!?

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Sitting out a few games or even the all star will only help TEMPORARILY. I am afraid Yao will have to tough it out(I hope he does not suffer fartigue induced injury) because only an extended vacation will do him good (as in off-season rest/vacation).

Yao will rebound. We need Yao to win .... now.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is "Rookie Wall" a legitimate medical condition. Maybe thats why I have been feeling fatigued. What do you take for that?:rolleyes:

20. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Clicking on this thread, I was hopin' this was quote from Julius Erving. Since it's not, I'll trust the basketball minds on this subject, thank you very much. :)