1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DocRocket Speaks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. platypus

platypus Member

Alright what could this mean?!??!

[​IMG]

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Or mods realize CF needs something to fap to when things get tough and just let these threads pop up and fade away like clockwork. Since I've been here I don't recall an "insider leak" that did not favor the Rockets. Also, these insider tidbits rarely come true, and when they don't everyone just falls back on the "NBA is fluid and no one knows anything" excuse.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Posting this today after yesterday's http://instagram.com/p/abxGNxAYzi/ . Makes me wonder if there actually might be something to this. I hope Doc isn't having fun with us but rather is being cryptic.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To be fair, you've been here since 2008, with Daryl Morey being the GM over that entire span of time. In his tenure, the Rockets have been one of the most aggressive franchises in the NBA in terms of trying to acquire star talent. Most of the leaks that we've heard are in that same ilk. Whether it was Melo, Bosh, Artest, Howard Pt. 1, Howard Pt. 2, or CP3, all of the leaks have been about the Rockets working hard to acquire star power. So, in terms of insider tidbits being leaked out to us, it really isn't a surprise that it's all been favorable for the Rockets. They're the ones trying to get players here.

I will say this though: it's a bit funny that the one time there were NOT any leaks was the one time we actually acquired a star (James Harden).

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

IMO people who think DocRocket has been wrong in the past don't know the basics of business.

There is no ZERO risk. You can't eliminate risk.

So when he hinted that we could get Dwight last year through trade, there probably was big big info that we could and where. However, unpredictable things happen and they change the game, hence, Doc's info.

Doc might have heard some positive stuff about the Dwight situation, but once again, he can't eliminate every risk. Harden might not be there tomorrow and all of the sudden Dwight isn't interested anymore and everyone is freaking out on DocRocket.

As mentioned before, these insiders (cyberx&docrocket) would be long-gone if they didn't have cred.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

We needed another Dwight Howard speculation thread. 6 pages in this topic and has it changed anyone's opinion whether we will get him?

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Doc is a liar don't trust him.

they said.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Something the newer folks might not know is that when Rudy was still the coach, we had a lot more dope from "the inside." Since then, we've seen both the coaches and the GM change. People like Doc Rocket have been on target before, but it's harder now. Not only that, but you can have a solid bit of information about a deal that looks to be imminent, and then have it fall through. That's not the source's fault, it's just part of the NBA deal making process that every GM has to deal with, as do those who had been told that "inside" scoop. The deal happens? People with some sources like Doc and cyberx look like geniuses. Deal falls through? They get accused of making things up. Honestly, they deserve a measure of respect for putting themselves out there in the first place.

Of course, the tweet could be about the flick. We're talking about human beings with lives outside of basketball here, as hard as that might be to believe.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Doc says Dwight will be a Rocket, great. He said that two years ago too. So what? Hell Tad Brown was hella confident we were getting Dwight 2 years ago in an interview i heard. It's that these situations are fluid and that he may only have access to certain bits of information that make it all extremely unreliable.

We'll go 30 pages worth of blah blah and around we go.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

I can use more of this...

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Too old.

[​IMG]

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Nobody knows anything until July 1st. Yeah, Houston is a possible destination but I think guys like Doc and cyberx are just throwing it out there now, so if it does come to pass, they can point back and say hey look.

I wanna see somebody go back through their threads during the draft, trade deadline, offseason, etc and find me something big they posted that came to fruition.

Nobody expected Lowry, Harden, Artest, KevMart etc. Why? Because there are no leaks when it comes to Morey and the Rockets side of things. To come out and basically imply Dwight is a done deal is far from solid. I don't care who it is on this board. Especially considering how wishy washy Dwight is.

All we can do is wait and see.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why the title changed? Those p*****s, my eyes heart. Buncha ralph wiggums.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Didn't doc have us all tryin to decipher some trip to Kinkos made by Clutch...

and then some picture where everyone was bald and had the harden beards.....

idk....

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Doc is a legit insider he correctly said the Rockets would draft Yao over Jay Williams long before it was confirmed nationally. And yes at the time there was considerable thought that Williams was a sure thing and Yao was too much of a risk. If Williams hadn't gotten into that crash he likely would have been a multiyear all star. Some of you newbies need to realize this board has been around forever compared to most websites and posters like Doc Rocket seem to take a long hiatus in between rumors. But it doesn't make him less credible.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm who is that? Thats not even dwight howard

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not Dwight Howard, but he commented "Hell Yea" on the picture.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LOL :grin:

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Times change. I dare somebody to prove me wrong and show me anything Doc has gotten right in the past 5-10 years.

20. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

So Doc got legendary status for getting Yao right, out of two possible choices, and this when we already had Steve Francis, and the conventional wisdom has always been draft a big guy.

Ok.