1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DocRocket Speaks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ultimate6thMan

This is really sad, but as many times as I have viewed this photo, this is the first time that I noticed that he has on a Lakers tie! Love that diss, but I'm getting my eyes checked out now.

Oh, btw....welcome to HTown DH12, even though I knew you were coming, nice to have it confirmed by DocRocket. Now, go use your super strength and get with BeardPower to bring in CP3 so that the new Justice League NBA can be formed! Let us know if you need us to provide a few Wonder Twins to activate and make it all happen easier. ;)

3. MONON

MONON Member

Looks like my wife the 1st time she saw me in my birthday suit. :eek:

You're killin' me, KiLLiN!

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

to answer your question - NEVER

Our best insider here was a guy that overheard a guy at the mall talking about us getting steve franchise.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm so in love with her.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is true.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Assuming this is true, my guess is Dwight demanded that Asik is kept for the long term. This means that we only have room for 1 more rotation spot in the front court, as both Asik and Dwight together will take up 2/3rds of the minutes for the 4 and 5. Either that player is is on the roster (i.e. TJones, DMo, GSmith) or we bring him in.

My guess is that two of TJones, DMo, and GSmith end up getting about 15-20 minutes a game. They are on cheaper contracts for the next 3 years, and all you need is for them to become servicable, which I think they will get to.

I also think Lin is traded, not now, but at the trade deadline. The team will be better, and Lin's value should rise enough to clear his salary and get something like a 2nd round pick in return. Llull is brought over in 2014 with the excess cap room.

Llull / Beverley
    Harden / ?
    Parsons / Garcia
    Dwight / DMo / TJones
    Asik / Dwight

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Where is DocRocket? Come on out and confirm this rumor. Also, cyberx, has he heard anything new regarding Howard?

9. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

I see your Manu Ginobili and raise you....

superman-unchAIned

Welcome to Houston, Allen Iverson

10. SeabrookMiglla

damn it, im across the world right now and need to go to sleep and i just saw this!!!!!!!!! :eek:

11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I have to ask, not to derail thread, but uh, why would we move Lin at the trade deadline just to bring Llull in? We aren't even close to the luxury in this scenario...

12. SeabrookMiglla

i really doubt lin will be moved- marketing purposes. in this regard he is almost or just as valuable as harden.

13. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Lmao. Your post is actually really really funny but instructive on how getting Deight changes everything....

Your post assumes we have Dwight, so why on earth would a contending team trade a contributor for a second round pick before the playoffs???

Houston ppl haven't had a true contender in so long that they can't even imagine how a contending team makes deals.

Even if Jeremy Lin plays 2 mpg in the playoffs, you don't move in kid season for a pic when in the offseason he becomes an expiring contract. Lol. Clutchfans...

14. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

You don't move him mid season for a late draf pick when he will become an expiring in the offseason.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Would you please reconsider your thread title? Titles like this bring out every 12 year old on Clutch fans with an endless array of salacious responses.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's not about the luxury tax. It's about creating cap room to sign Llull to a longer term deal than we could if we are over the cap.

Personal belief, but I think Llull is better than Lin and is a better fit with Dwight and/or Asik on the floor. He's essentially a Manu starter kit. Adding to that we can sign him to a cheaper and longer term contract, while still keeping some cap room to sign another quality player to a good deal, and I think as a whole, the Rockets are better off.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

If by "expiring" you mean $16.6 million in cap room and at least $17 million in actual salary through the 2014-2015 season, sure.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

Feigen speculated Delfino could get a better deal than $3M this year. If that's the case and with only the room exception. The best the Rockets might achieve is a player like Casspi to replace Garcia/Delfino.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

#79 Deckard, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Who let him do this ? lol