1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DocRocket Speaks!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Accurate or not, I'd punch Doc Rocket in the gut if I ever met him. His antics are the embodiment of a pee-pee game. I'd buy him a beer afterwards but it is what it is.

#241 Ziggy, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

to me the first sounds like he is quoting a player saying he is tired of Broussards BS, and "leaks aren't n media" says dont listen to the espn guys listen to what is being "printed"...

3. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Broussard called D12 " notorious indecisiveness" like 6 hours ago, went on to say its down to Dallas and Houston. Doc Roc said dallas is just a smokescreen. I think D12 has made a firm commitment to houston and is telling his people to tell Broussard and sometime today or in the next few days, it will be leaked d12 has made a verbal agreement with US.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Can't make a verbal commitment when they haven't even talked to each other yet. Unless you mean orally committing to Chandler. But I'm sure everyone orally commits to Chandler within seconds of meeting him.

2 people like this.
  5. Chamillionaire

I wish he'd just tell it like it is, but it is what it is. :grin:

6. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

It will come out July 1st if that is the case. Anything before could be considered tampering.

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Probably. R Guys R 1 2 4 OK. Like.. Our guys are 1 to 4, OK. So maybe Asik gets traded or he becomes a PF?

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

That is why he will buy him a beer after he punches him. You keep punching him until he actually says something that is coherent, and then you buy him a beer (or two) for his troubles.

9. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Yes this is what i mean

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

haven't read the thread, just the last 2 pages but "Bobby in the shower"
    refers to the TV show Dallas when Bobby Ewing was dead, but then they brought him back anyway by opening the next season by just showing Bobby in the shower and his death was just a Dream somebody had.

make of it what you will but I think it means that for Dallas it was all just a dream

[​IMG]

So what’s the deal with Bobby Ewing in the shower? It was a storytelling gaffe of epic proportions–one of the most epic storytelling fails in popular culture, in my opinion.

Here’s what happened. Bobby Ewing was played by actor Patrick Duffy, who later went on to fame in the 90s sitcom Step by Step. Though he was a crucial part of the show, he decided to leave after the 1984-85 season, hoping to pursue other opportunities. The scriptwriters killed him off in particularly dramatic fashion, having him run down with a car while saving his wife Pam (played by Victoria Principal, who you see in the clip above).

Things evidently didn’t go as well for Mr. Duffy as he hoped. Sometime during the next run of the show he decided to return. But his character death was already an accomplished fact. So, they decided to bring him back–by having it turn out that the entirety of the 1985-86 season was a dream in Pam’s head!

Yes, you read that right. They used “it was all a dream.” The entire season. All 31 episodes. That meant for the 1986-87 season, they had to go back and pick up where they left off, or try to anyway.

Granted, this was 80s television

#250 Dubious, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Nah, part of the fun is figuring out the message, along with the board blowing up with everyone else decoding it.

Stay true Doc!!

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

R Guys R 12 4(for) OK

OKC has the #12 pick...Trob for #12?

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

or "R guy 41(trobs jersey) 2 OKc"????

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

llol get our pick back from Harden trade? hah sam presti is funny if true

15. Aydge

Aydge Member

Our GUY S(mith) R(obinson) 4 OK(c) 12(th)

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

brilliant

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why would OKC do that?

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

the LOL's

I mean we got Harden for anorexic, no-defense, flopaholic and Jeremy Lamb right?

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Now that would be good stuff.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

OKC 12th pick, good call, would have to be a euro stash yes?

wish Doc would explain what his clues meant after the event has passed