1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket speaks again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I quickly coded something in Java to pair book titles and son titles from the list.
    Every possible result.

4 people like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

OMG! Gotta love this place! Nice list.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Six years two kevins?

KD and Love together in 6 years?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I was going to create a small website with a random phrase generator using those two lists, but quickly realized how useless that would be since there are only a limited number of combinations lol.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Doc Tweet related to your theory. I guess it may be possible to have both?

"Let's just wait for Durant! It's only a year! :)"

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Caught Two Kevins could be one if we were to trade for Martin and Love.

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

'MInnesota' can try to make us listen to Two Kevins (Love & Matin) but clearly not while we're busy with Mr. Coben ( [​IMG]). I mean, Puhleeeease! GET OUT!!

Min wants to include Martin but That's a deal breaker for Morey?

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

My guess is Morey is focused on Melo. If meeting doesn't go well, he will attempt to get another team involved to take on Martins contract. Perhaps the Pelicans? 76ers? Pels might wanna dump Gordon..

9. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I thought Mr. Coben is a reference to Mark Cuban maybe trying to get involved in a 3 team trade or something? I'm sure Kevin Martin isn't a deal breaker... he could be a very good 6th man for us, I would think?

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Two Kevins ... Miracle Cure

Two Kevins ... The final Detail

These seem like the best fits in the riddle.

MInnesota' can try to make us listen to Two Kevins (Love & Martin) but clearly not while we're busy with Mr. Miracle Cure (Melo? LeBron?)

MInnesota' can try to make us listen to Two Kevins (Love & Martin) but clearly not while we're busy with The final detail? We are trying to get another team to help us take on Martin but Minnesota wants the trade now.

11. treeman

treeman Member

So, with talk about Kevin Martin possibly in a deal, what is the huge negative I am missing here? I haven't followed him since he left but if he is even 70% of what he used to be then he would be great off the bench behind Harden, I think, and could spell at the 3. Sure, he's a clack hole on defense, always has been, but he can shoot lights out and can swing games with his scoring.

Did something happen to him that has made his contract poison? I'd definitely take that contract off their hands to get Love (and someone who can pick up the scoring slack for Harden when he's sitting, to boot) I'd consider him an asset if we have to lose a good player in return for getting Love. What am I missing?

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm not sure either @ 7 million a season he seems like a decent contract.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Holy ****! :-O-

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Kevin Martin became worthless to Minnesota the moment Adelman left the team. Yeah, they can't wait to get rid of him.

I don't know how much Minnesota wants to dump salary, but the Rockets pretty much can take on all of their bad contracts if Morey choose to do so. It's by far our biggest advantage over Golden State.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That 7 mil/per multi year deal would jam up plans.

16. treeman

treeman Member

This. Everyone is talking about him like he's poison. The KM I remember could rain them down, he's shooting 3s at a fantastic clip still looking at stats. What's the downside?

I don't see $7 mil per as a bad contract for someone who would probably back up Harden and can do what he does.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

17. treeman

treeman Member

Plans for what? With Harden, Howard, Love, Martin you're in "win now" mode, screw future flexibility. I want a goddammed championship now, not pussyfooting around the cap for another half decade.

You still have Harden long term. Howards for a few years. If we can retain Love then we have 3 stars locked up for multiple years, with lots of expendable contracts surrounding them. THAT is your flexibility.

1 person likes this.
  18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

that is exactly my line of thinking. I would even take brewer as well... he is a good defender and is a decent slasher. If he could develop a reliable 3 pt shot he could be a very good player for us.

19. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Agreed! Once you get Love this team is over the cap for the foreseeable future anyhow. Only reason this would be a problem is if Les really did have reservations about the luxury tax threshold. Beverly is due for a big raise next season as well so the tax could come into play - especially if Morey still wants to use his exceptions this year as well.

20. treeman

treeman Member

I think Les is willing to spend lots and lots of $$ to win another championship. He has all the money he and his family will ever need. But to add another ring...

To the extent he can, I think he willing to "buy" that.