1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket speaks again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Guys....

What if we trade up for marcus smart...

and go after love...if that fails...

we keep smart then trade lin/asik draft picks for bosh

Rockets get smart (per doc) and then go after bosh ...if bosh opts in he has no choice in the trade

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is an interesting way to look at things. Rep given.

3. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

yes they do ring a bell. And again it worked for a year and then that was it. I want longevity and a dynasty. Not some ploy to win 1 championship and then blow up your team like the Celtics then and the Heat now. The new CBA will penalize teams that way. It will maybe allow it for 1 or 2 years and then force you to start a 3-5 year rebuilding process. Come on, man, stop looking for quick fixes and lets build a team the right way

4. basketballholic

What are we going to trade for Smart?

I do admit the doc rocket tweet sure indicates something about Smart but don't see how we trade up for him besides trading Asik for a pick up high enough that we can combine that pick and #25 to move up for him. That leaves you with Smart and Lin as your assets to trade for Love????

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think there is something to Dwight Howard not wanting another ball dominant wing on the team. If there's one thing that's been constant about him, it's that he likes to be a post player modeled after Hakeem and Shaq. Which would make sense that he prefers Love/Bosh over LeBron/Melo(other Doc Rocket tweet). He probably doesn't want to be relegated to Bosh-on-Heat status, with Harden and Melo/LeBron taking the front stage.

Gun to his head, I bet Dwight wants someone like Chris Bosh, a certain 3rd stringer in terms of star power but still a star level talent. But I doubt he'll refuse LeBron/Melo though. Whatever Morey used to get him to buy into the Rockets last year has to involve a 3rd star, given how Morey sacrificed last season somewhat to avoid taking on long term contracts.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You are waiting to pounce on your Parsons mantra. You are waiting anxiously. I don't think it takes Parsons here but I think it probably takes Asik + Jones + #25 to get into that top 10 range.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay, figured it out. Dwight doesn't want Love here. He rather keep Asik here instead of getting Love.

8. haydenfisher342

dwight wants to win. If Lebron wants to come to Houston, Dwight would be with Morey shaking his hand welcoming him to Houston. Then off to meet lin errr Harden at the stip club to watch Chandler parsons dance.

9. basketballholic

Actually, wasn't even thinking about Parsons. But you're making the same point I'm making. We'll have to trade Asik to get up high enough in this draft to nab Smart. So we can't trade Asik twice.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You don't get who the broken english is aimed at?

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Nice.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol, maybe Dwight likes having Lin around? :p

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Jones or parsons

14. basketballholic

Jones won't get a pick that high.

Parsons won't either. He's on a one-year deal if you trade him. Maybe garner a pick in the 20's but not up in the top 10.

W

A

N

T

P.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Did I mention Vince Carter? I don't remember that. I just researched the other players. And businessmen are ruthless. Either way, there is almost a 99.9% chance that I am wrong anyway.

Screw Melo... makes TMac's comments obvious to me that Houston has other plans. Like him or not, he is invited to a lot of events held by Houston. He's still friends with plenty of people in HTown and Melo to Houston writing might be on walls he has access to.

Getting LBJ = No way Love comes to Houston..... hmmmmm.

You are all reading the equation incorrectly!

And forget big 3 might mean big 4... Love/LBJ

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So Doc is definitely hinting at Love to Houston. This isn't a surprise that he is the priority right now, considering the draft is an event that presents an opportunity to make a deal. Still hate our chances at him though.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Saw this when looking around on other forums, I doubt it means anything but, I thought I would share it. This indicates that GSW is giving up on Love and we are making a strong push at him if it is true. In before We are not trading Parsons. Also, that trade would be terrible and I couldn't see us doing it. Probably just a guy blowing smoke.

[​IMG]

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/3779647.phtml

what an ugly forum, we are so lucky to have such an aesthetically pleasing sight.

#337 treyk3, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why would maury want fools gold lee?

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Parsons can't be traded he is a RFA

You thought our defense was bad before at PF? Getting Lee would make it even worse

Plus GS can't trade a pick until after the draft

Silly trade

Personally I can't see Love here (as Much as I would want him) - people who I know who have talked to Love have always said Lakers for a while now. Can't see that changing

James personally I don't think he comes out West. It's harder in the west and his imaging takes a worse bit by not making the finals over making it and losing in the finals

Which leaves either Melo or trying to upgrade the bench. I prefer the bench as this team can be a borderline 60 win team through internal development and good health next season but I doubt Asik will want to come off the bench and I would imagine Lin would be more vocal in a contract year.

Though I am intrigued at the fact Doc threw in Bosh in there. Would Bosh leave to play in home state? Yes if James leaves the Heat I believe but if James stays I feel Bosh would too.

20. TheresTheDagger

I can't make any sense of why we would do this deal. At all.