1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Doc Rocket follow up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Dumars had offered that during the summer, Morey would have taken it.

2. rocket3forlife2

This is the same dude who put the team on his back when Yao went down TWICE, and the same dude who had no help against teams in the playoffs.

If we Trade Tmac it better be for a Damn good player.

I doubt T mac is done, If we trade him this year we will pay.

count on it!

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Send him back to Orlando for some sort of combination of Hedo Turkoqlu, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed, but here is the problem with that, the Rockets can not win with Tmac taking the team on his back......yet, that is what Tmac wants, it is what he knows...he wants the team to rely on him soley.

The team however, knows that is a recipe for failure a first round exit, so they have instituted a share the ball philosophy which rubs TMac the wrong way.

So, instead of realizing that it will help the ENTIRE team and him along with it, he sulks, he pouts, he takes his ball and goes home.....

The team needs a shut up and play mentality and if he continues to whine and sulk ship him out.

Tmac needs a come to Jesus meeting.......

If however, he gets with the program, and comes to grips with the team being better with him as one of the main pieces, instead of the only main piece, then we have something, but so far, he has resisted.....he has one last chance....IMO...

ONE.

DD

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why even bring up the stuff between you and Clutch again ?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think (ergo sum) the original offer was Tmac + Hayes for Billups/Prince. Detroit wants/needs Sheed's expiring.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I know weird.

DD

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I get the sence that something is really going on, but nothing is coming out besides what reporters getting a ear at what he wants to say in writing, but it is written on the wall for sure.

I get this feeling something is looming in the air though wether it be in writing or behind close doors i can surely smell something stinks right now.

Only 3 teams maybe 4 i can think of Detroit, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto.

Rockets won't get nothing back though that is for sure.

I would take Wade or Bosh now though instead of in 2010.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

His source is Jack Daniels, who he had a long conversation with just before posting.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Green label or Black?

It matters.

;)

DD

11. rocketshopeful

I used that as a source in my papers @ UT.

worked well! they called me "murder" my first semester because my gpa was a 1.87. :D

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Speaking generally, across all sports, the front office, media, and players keep internal drama hushed and downplayed. It does no one any favors to give the unvarnished truth.

Oftentimes, the issue gets settled, no one is the wiser and all is good.
    Oftentimes, long time reporters mention that they see things in the locker room that preclude them from being fans.
    Beat writers know that if they throw a player under the bus, truthfully, before the team is done with him - their pass to the locker room will get torn up. /career.
    Teammates know that they can't just bad mouth one of the stars, because they may find themselves ostracized. Ask Horace Grant how things went when he questioned McGrady's defensive effort anonymously to a magazine.
    Front Office will diplomatically spin for any player so long as they are on the roster. Multiple reasons: keep trade value high, keep the fans happy and naive and spending money, give the team every chance to work things out, etc.
    Nothing good comes from openly calling out a player in public, other than the fans getting the honest truth. You risk setting off a multi-million dollar tantrum that burns the bridges for good and severely restricts your options for resolving the mess.

That the McGrady leaks are popping up as often as they are and as thinly veiled as they are suggests that the team is pretty much exasperated with him. Chances are better than good that the chronicle writers got a silent nod to go ahead and have at him (lightly).

Should he be traded, you will absolutely, 100% have multiple stories openly dishing out the toxic air. When Starbury was traded to New York, it uncorked the bottle and you had several teammates dogging him out. It's how it goes.

Evan

13. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

hadn't heard this idea yet. i like it. a lot.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I know T-Mac is playing like garbage, but I think some underestimate the strength of a large expiring contract. Look what Kwame Brown's expiring contract brought in....granted, LA did rape the Grizz. Supposedly, half of the teams in the league want Odom for his. I think a $20M expiring deal in 2010 is a big commodity, no matter who the player is. Some teams have already shown us that they will sabotage the next two years to play that summer (i.e. Knicks).

However, I don't see us shipping McGrady off because I think we want to play too. As long as Yao is healthy we should get a quality free agent.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its comments like these that just boggle my mind. All we know about T-Mac is what we see during games, interviews and whatever is said in the media. But somehow people know what is going on in T-Mac's mind. They know exactly why hes doing what he is doing. Well, I guess if we can have GMs and Coaches on this board, there is room for psychologists too.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Angkor,

I hear ya, and I guess it is better if I say...this is how I read it.....based upon a lifetime of dealing with people in team settings.

If you listen to what he says, and when he says it, and the way he goes about his business, it is fairly easy to build a decent portfolio of how he thinks or reacts.

Could it be wrong, sure...at the end of the day it is all an educated guess.

I read the situation like this:

People get comfortable, and are used to a certain style of play, and expectations. When those change, a good portion of people panic, and cling to what they know, over the unkown...TMac has always been the guy, the one who can shoot whenever he wants and as often as he wants.

Now, he is being asked to play within a system, and work within the flow of a team first mentality, that is a hard thing to do, it is better for the team, no doubt, but for a player that is not used to that, it is a hard thing to accept.

That is what I think is happening, Tmac is bristling at having to share the load, even though he says he is not, and is happy to share it.....his words do not match his actions.

If he can accept that the team will be better when all the players can make each other better and not just Tmac...then we have something.

Because a Tmac dominated team is one that is ultimatly doomed to failure...for evidence see the last 11 years.

DD

17. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Yes. To the Letter - exactly! The mental aspect of this whole charade is mindboggling. The article in the Chron today where TMAC is criticizing himself is complete and total garbage. Garbage. A total charade. I actually thought it was funny when he talked about 'making it all the way back' that he was going to 'sit back...' - - I was like, yeah, that's pretty accurate.

And yes, I am one person. No, you're not. Yes, I am. Shut up! YOU shutup. You. No, you. You. No, you. No, you are. Yes, Iam. No, I am. Yes, you're not. Who's not? I'm not? Nope. Whatever!

Sometime I look at myself naked in the mirror and I smile and say, "HeyPartner" but nobody answers me.

The only 'insider' that exists is Daryl Morey. He's the only one. The thoughts originate in his head. This is HIS fantasy team. He'll do exactly what needs to be done. He's the insider - no one else. We all just drop crumbs when we can. It just so happens that they serve food in COLD places too, not just the southern part of North America. Sorry.

Peace!

BTW - I'd have more respect for TMAC if shows up in the arena tonight playing like he has been. Like a Jake. At least then he'd be showing some integrity to his POV.

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

And I have to say that is probably the best explanation I've heard so far. Its almost like he is boycotting RA's system by the way he was standing around on offense throwing the ball around the last game (when bill and matt called him out). How is he going to tell the chronicle that he was moving slow when he wasn't even moving.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

20. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Doc, you the man. I believed you all along.....I'm sure a lot of us clutchfan members wait for you to post....