1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket follow up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. worzel gummidge

With a Dunleavy + Nesterovic/Foster package the Rockets will still be in position to add a max salary free agent in 2010.

2. saleem

saleem Member

Doesn't change my opinion about Dunleavy as a player,no thanks.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

We would also still be in a position to get trampled out of the first round yet again.

4. heypartner

heypartner Member

well, there is a lot of things many of you don't want to believe, that are true about this site.

fact is: Clutch went public a year ago with a promise to me to never go public with each other's take on our breakup...I'm not here to hurt his site, but I just simply f-cking hate "insiders" who betrayed Carroll Dawson for their own ego. Clutch wasn't one of them, but Doc Rocket was. I've been biting my tongue for a long time, but these Doc Rocket threads were and always will be bullsh!t...vs popeye's stuff.

so sue me.

5. worzel gummidge

Chicago - Hughes (2yr, currently being a team cancer)
    Chicago - Hinrich (4yr)

Detroit - AI (expiring)

Indiana - Dunleavy (3yr, bone spurs in knee)
    *Most likely a package involving Nestrovic's expiring contract

Miami - Marion (expiring)

Milwaukee - Redd (3yr, near McGrady level type contract)
    *Milwaukee media reporting that he's being shopped hard

New York - Q-Rich (2yr)
    *Harrington & Tim Thomas cannot be packaged in a trade.

Orlando - Turkoglu (expiring, Magic cannot extend him next season without going well over LT for several years)
    *I don't know if Magic would want T-Mac back but fro his comments Adelman seems to like Tukoglu as a person at least.

Philadelphia - Miller (expiring)
    *After acquiring Brand they need to do something to counter their poor campaign so far

IMO the teams with big name expiring contracts would love to deal for McGrady. McGrady's contract ties them over until 2010 free agency. They still need a marquee name to sell tickets and keep fans happy in the meantime.

Unlikely destinations
    (No suitable contracts and salary cap concerns):

Atlanta
    Boston
    Bobcats
    Cleveland
    New Jersey
    Toronto
    Washington

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Tmac for Ginobili

7. worzel gummidge

umm, spurs aren't in the eastern conf.

8. Asian Sensation

Trading for any of those players you mentioned besides AI and maybe Andre Miller+other(s) does not give us equal or greater chance at winning a championship this year or in the near future. Unfortunately, our window of opportunity IS THIS YEAR and by near future I mean maybe next year. Trading for marginal/one dimensional players/players that can't create for themselves/or others (Dunleavy, Hedo, Redd, Marion etc) just because they are being shopped or have expiring contracts means our experiment and plan for the last 5 years failed completely. I don't think Morey will give up that easily. Thank god.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I have no idea why this is such a difficult concept to grasp for the majority here.

10. worzel gummidge

From the OP:
    The list wan't meant to be what I thought the Rockets should do but speculating who might be available. If they are forced to move Tracy to an eastern conference team .

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought you said Doc Rocket was more than one person? So CD was "collectively betrayed?" Doc's stuff was an amalgamation of people feeding the BBS some BS? I'm confused, HP.

12. Possum

Possum Member

Or retarted!!!

At this point we should just trade TMac straight up for Stephon Marbury. At least Marbury is healthy. His contract is up this year and he is a legit scorer. Worst case scenerio is he comes here and creates some drama and we cut him. His contract is foo the books at the end of the year anyway. Right now we would be lucky to get Starbury.

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

FIXED.

Not to say he has sweet midrange J.

14. xiki

xiki Member

Must be a rotter of a prediction - it is mine, as well.

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Member

We should rebuild from the draft ala Portland. We're not going to beat the elite teams the shape we're in and we're setting ourselves up for disappoint year after year. I've been saying we should rebuild from the draft for 3-4 years now, lol...

I guess it wasn't feasible with our previous GM, but with our current one....he'll be able to do it. If we tank 2 seasons....we could be elite.

16. BasketballReasons

Tmac

for

Rip
    Sheed

----------

Best we can get.

17. battousai

battousai Member

The only reason I can see any team wanting Tmac is for his expiring contract in year 2010-2011. This is the off season of the super FAs. Tmac's huge 23 mils off the book is looking to net you someone very young and special.

would NY do it? Heck yea for Marbury, but I doubt Morey would ok it.

any team in the east that are looking to expiring cap room would consider Tmac.

18. emjohn

emjohn Member

Keep in mind, McGrady's still going to have leverage to deep 6 any destinations he doesn't like. Small market cold cities that rarely contend like Milwaukee are not likely to appeal to him. Even Charlotte's a stretch.

Fixed. 99.99% certain that's been off the table since the Iverson trade.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Doc Rocket is a source, whether he/she/them/it, are telling the truth...who knows?

But I do believe that it is uglier on the inside than what is in the press.

DD

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Yeap like what is not trying to come out correctly, but in the same sence something is going on.