1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Doc Rocket] Brace yourselves for Scotty Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i really hope not

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If you have little to no experience with drawing, but great at squiggles, that's a plus

3. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Impressive ability. He's not going to get many fouls that way, but it should be a lot easier for him with the defender not really knowing where his arms are. He should do something to keep the beard, though--that's his signature.

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Might as well make Terry the coach

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I freaking hope not. The Rockets need a COACH, not a talent recruiter (that's Morey's job). Brooks's strengths and weaknesses are similar to McHale's, so if the Rockets hire him, you're likely just making a lateral move instead of one that will put the Rockets ahead of competition. You want Durant, the best way to do that is to kick a lot of ass through the rest of the season and make another strong playoff showing, regardless of whoever's coaching.

6. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

you gotta be kidding me

this guy is a carbon copy of mchale

get a real ****ing coach daryl moron

7. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

His offense consist of star A dribbling for 20 seconds and then either shooting or passing to star B. The clogged toilet offense.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If it gets us Kevin Durant I will happily except no matter what our offense looks like.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

FIXED*

10. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ Member

I have no idea why anyone would want Brooks. The main criticisms of him as OKC coach (as I recall) were an inability to make in-game adjustments or run offensive sets that didn't depend on the brilliance of Durant or Westbrook.

PASS.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Man, lots of haters here. Anyone is better than Mchale. Plus, to ignore the obvious draw for Durant to come here is lunacy.

Look at his post Brooks firing comments:

In Durant’s memorable MVP speech, he talked about Brooks and how he deserved more credit than he received:

Scott Brooks, you mean the world to me. I love you. You, as a man, I’ve never met anybody like you. So selfless, you don’t take the credit for nothing. Even though you deserve all of it. I love you and your family for always taking me in, believing in me, texting me late at night when I was going crazy. Thank you.

Earlier this season, Durant was asked about the job security of Brooks and he responded, “You guys really don’t know s—.”

He then when t on a rant with the media:

“To be honest, man, I’m only here talking to y’all because I have to,” Durant said. “So I really don’t care. Y’all not my friends. You’re going to write what you want to write. You’re going to love us one day and hate us the next. That’s a part of it. So I just learn how to deal with y’all.”

Now some say he approved the firing but where is the proof?

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Scott Brooks had westbrook, harden, durant, and ibaka and LOST in the finals

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

Hell no! Hardly an upgrade.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

And who did they lose to?

Nuff said:rolleyes:

15. pass_to_Hakeem

EVERYYYYYYBODY wanted McHale fired and the options out there right now aren't "thaaaaaat great". McHale may have lost the team and a lot of his play calling and substituting was questionable BUT he isn't to be blamed for poor effort, not running back on D , looking like you'd rather be 1000 places then on that court!!! That's bull**** and some of these players should be benched for a good while!!! Brewer for example, he looks horrible!!!!

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...18/kevin-mchale-daryl-morey-rockets/75997524/

17. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Thats what im saying

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The other team had lebron, Wade, Chris bosh.

19. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

We need DEFENSE and that does not rhyme with Scott Brooks.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How so? He's gonna start thabo