1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rivers Not Sure If He'll Coach LA Clippers Next Year SO COME TO Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You want to go back to scoring 79 pts after double overtime?:confused:

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Stop believing news from Bleacher report....

3. downbytheriver

Dude, please lock this thread.. Doc is being a drama queen an dplaying to the AA community right now. He knew what Sterling was about when he left Boston in bad circumstances and 21 million reasons caused him to look the other way. come rain or shine, racists and bigots, MONEY TALKS. He's going nowhere

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Perfect timing

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

no, but what about CP3....?

6. JazzLakerHater

While Doc is a bit overrated, I would love to have him over McHale. I think bringing in a guy like Doc would make our players, specifically Harden, respect him. I truly believe Harden does not respect McHale and that's part of the reason he plays no D because he knows McHale won't hold him accountable. Doc WILL hold him accountable.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

^ This...without the fraud part. I'm black and i can say that I'm NOT appalled by Sterling's comments; in fact...thought what he said was dumb and about a politically correct as he's probably been in decades lol We all knew Sterling was like this.....SMOKE=FIRE. Doc knew about this BEFORE agreeing to go there. Probably didn't know how deep it was or the depths of Sterling's convictions, but knew about his antics nevertheless. If the Clippers lose in the these playoffs....that's his out. Sterling is an old wealthy jew...anyone who is not wealthy is a minority to him lol. white, black, mexican etc....if you're not wealthy; you are beneath him. The 99% are ALL in the same boat to him. So no...I'm not surprised and not upset. This is life and the media will milk the hell out of this. Do he needs to take a "hit" from this....probably so, but Stern knew what he was and ignored him for decades....nothing ANYONE will do to him will ever change his thoughts or ways. I hope he comes out and just be honest hell....he deserves to have his opinions like everyone else, just know there are consequences to your actions and words old man....but at least he'll be honest with himself, his beliefs and convictions. If you're a bigot...be a proud one so we all know where you stand. Nothing worst than a closest racist...stand up and be "free" lol

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

How the hell is Doc is overrated? You guys just throw all types of stupid chit at the wall hoping somethin sticks. JVG & SVG are 2 of the worst choices you could name. Our defense would be great but we'd be scoring 80pts a game with old azz veterans starting over young talent. No Thanks

George Karl or go home

9. DocRock

DocRock Member

Yes... Doc Rivers is overrated. Top offense in the NBA. Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, and JJ Reddick having the best seasons of their careers. Deandre Jordan- defensive anchor. Total coincidence.

10. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Forget Rivers..if the league allows the Clippers players to opt out of their contracts due to the toxic work environment surrounding their current organization. We should have a legitimate shot at CP3 who was already itching to play here in the offseason.

11. rocketseagles07

All coaches are overrated to a point. But he's exactly what this team needs. A hard nosed coach that knows defense. If it was all thibs then why have the clippers played so well

12. jocar

jocar Member

13. dream2franchise

As much respect as I have for the job Doc did with the Celtics and is doing with the Clippers, they were similar in that they simply needed him to guide and motivate. Boston and the Clippers had/have intelligent floor leaders and some high IQ players on the floor.

I think this team needs structure more than anything. We're too young and lack direction and focus. We need a coach who will get in a players face and hold players accountable. Who that could be, I don't know.

I like what Lionel Hollins did in Memphis and I think he should get a look but I'm pretty sure he's an old school/anti-stats guy. Not sure he fits in with the vision of the front office.